Bernese mountain dog and Entlebucher pics please Photos

Discussion in 'Bernese Mountain Dog' started by melzy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    Brilliant pictures of Ollie, especially his head. When you see him with his friends, then you realise just how big he is.
    A beautiful dog :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Thankyou he is rather big, but we don't mind we did know roughly what size he would be after meeting them previously to get an idea. His dad is quite a big lad too.
  4. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    If you train them well from the start they aren't too bad. We think we have programmed Ollie to sit or lie when he watches people or other dogs go by because when he was little we would make him sit to wait till other dogs had passed. Now he still thinks he has to do it.:grin:
  5. AlnWill

AlnWill New Member

Name:
    Alison
    Hiya,
    Just joined this site, not sure how to add pics yet but I will!
    I have a 1 year old BMD, but have a few issues with her, is there anyone that can shed some light?
    I was told she had a 'hot spot' by the vet (an infection to the skin where it becomes infected and pussy) and was given tablets, iodine soap and cream to clear it up. After a few days it has slowly started to go. However she now has runny eyes and nose (snores at night now) and a sore throat and is completely off her food. Again I took her to the vet and he seemed a bit baffled and diagnosed a form of hay fever as she had a yellow mucus coming from her nose at that time and gave her an injection. But she is no better, can anyone help? As she needs to start eating and wont even eat her treats!
    Thanks all!
    Alison
  6. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Hi Alison, welcome to the forum :)

Bernese are unfortunately rather prone to these 'hot spots,' I had a few that were troubled with these. Aka wet eczema, they're caused by allergic reaction to something and usually occur in warm weather.

Mostly treated with steroids, which I used to hate giving, but it does usually clear quickly with this treatment and best to treat immediately to reduce the chances of secondary infection.

Sorry, can't help with her other problems, possibly immune system again. This is a problem area in the breed.

I do hope she picks up soon, she must be feeling poorly to be off her food.... I do remember though, the wet aczema can sometimes have this effect.

Looking fwd to photos!
  7. muddypawz

muddypawz New Member

Name:
    Hollie
    My Bernese boy gets alot of hot spots with the warmer weather, athletes foot spray is what I have found most effective at drying them out and was recommended by my vet about 18 months ago, it dries them out in a day or two, I dont do anything else, just apply the spray several times a day when the area is looking moist again
  8. muddypawz

muddypawz New Member

Name:
    Hollie
    Now time for some Bernese pics. I have owned them for the past 13 years.
    Melody & Harmony
    [​IMG]
    Midge
    [​IMG]
    Yogi - sold as a pedigree, I think he's a cross
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Melody again
    [​IMG]
    My first Bernese, sadly died in 2000
    [​IMG]
  9. muddypawz

muddypawz New Member

Name:
    Hollie
    and some more.....
    Melody & Midge
    [​IMG]
    Midge trying to fit his big bum in a puppy bed :roll:
    [​IMG]
    Harmony as a pup at 10 weeks (she'd been caught running around the garden with the hose pipe!)
    [​IMG]
    Midge at 8 weeks
    [​IMG]
    Melody at 8 weeks
    [​IMG]

Hope you like them!
  10. pod

pod New Member

Name:
    pod
    Lovely photos MPz, beautiful dogs :grin: And interesting about the athlete's foot spray. Hadn't heard of that.
  11. Lorna

Lorna New Member

Name:
    Lorna
    Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! :D xxxxxx
  12. k9xxb

k9xxb

Name:
    Linda
    Awwwwwww - lovely pics and cute also. Like the one after being caught running round garden with hosepipe - a right wee mischevious look. :grin:
  13. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    They are all gorgeous & stunning MP.
  14. AlnWill

AlnWill New Member

Name:
    Alison
    Really beautiful! Makes me want to get another one!! Must resist!!!!!!!
  15. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Me too but must resist haven't the room. Also have a very sensible OH.
  16. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    any updates :grin:
  17. melzy

melzy New Member

Name:
    melzy
    :grin:
    pwees:grin:
  18. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    Beautiful pics,I adore this breed,:007: :007: :007: :007: :007: would love to have one of my own but guess better wait as I have enough with my three :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: xxxxxxx
  19. Suejaw

Suejaw New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I couldn't resist, i have one boy and picking up my pup in just over a week and i can't wait!!:048:

They are an addictive breed to live with.

BTW how do i post photos of my boy on here like OP have done, i'm new to this forum and not sure how its done on this one.. Ta
  20. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    I looooooooooove BMD so much... Id only they lived longer and didn't have so many health problems eh :(
  21. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Here we are Melzy Ollie on Holiday August last year. he had just turned 2.

[​IMG]
    Another snowy one Feb this year so he was 2yrs and 8 months old.
    [​IMG]