Bichon Tzu Has anyone owned this cross? General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by HoneyBunny, Mar 19, 2011.

1. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin

Bichon Tzu Has anyone owned this cross?

I obvisouly a cross between a bichon frise and shih tzu. I just wondered has anyone owned this crossbreed before or knows anyone who has?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Met a Maltese X Shih Ztu 2 days ago but haven't met a Bichon cross Shih Tzu. Noticed in the local papers today that this seems to be the latest "hot cross" any small breed with a Shih Tzu; Jack Russells, Yorkies and Chihuahuas etc.

I like the pedigree Bichon Frise I have met and my Sister has one who is lovely. I am not a particular fan of purposely crossed dogs like this to be honest but each to their own.
  4. HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny New Member

Name:
    yazmin
    I am not sure if you have seen any recent pics of Honey (the one above she's only 10wk old) but she looks just like a bichon apart from the slight honey colour tinge. I didn't intend to get a cross I met a lot of Bichon puppies pedigrees and then saw Honey and fell in love with her straight away.
  5. katie1

katie1 New Member

Name:
    pauline
    Sorry i havn't met that cross but my Keisha is a 1 year old shih tzu x Kcc and i have a friend who has a shih tzu x JT 18 months and also a shih tzu x yorkie 14 weeks all lovley doggies
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I met a Bichon cross JRT at a dog show on Sunday. It belongs to one of the trainee groomers at the agricultural college where my dogs go to be trimmed.
    I would actually have never guessed the JRT part as it was the same size and shape as a Bichon with a Bichon coat but it had grey ears instead of white and a grey tip to his tail. It was seriously cute but because I am asthmatic I couldn't risk getting a cross breed in case it didn't have the non-moulting coat as I am allergic to dog hair.
  7. shiba

shiba New Member

Name:
    kirstie
    I groomed one the other day, first one i have had in.

She was lovely, but a real mix of both. Tiny shihtzu head and bichon fur on body but instead of white had white and tan colouring.

Her name was grace and think she was a 1yr old. She was lovely, owner had done her proud as her coat was knot free and would be hard work for any novice:grin:
  8. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    the main thing that worries me with a lot of Shih Tzu crosses, is the amount of dogs with severely undershot mouths that struggles to eat. This is also occuring in pet bred Shih Tzus and Lhasas. Temperament wise, I'm sure they are great dogs, but I do see a lot with terrible mouth and teeth problems, and I wish people would stop breeding to make a quick buck. It's not big and it's not clever.

Sadly though, the likelyhood os purchasing a crossbreed dog out of sound stock is not great, especially with popular breeds involved.
  9. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Our rescue shih tzu cross has a badly undershot jaw ,pretty sure its making her teething worse...