Bouvier Des Flandres Discussions

Discussion in 'Bouvier Des Flandres' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Bouvier Des Flandres

Bouvier Des Flandres
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nicky1979

Nicky1979 New Member

Name:
    Nic
    I don't personally have one of these but is SIL does and they are fab dogs!!
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    They're one of my favourite large dogs. I started grooming one when I worked in Cornwall. Came to me from another groomer, owner said that 5 of them had to hold him still, I did him by myself, he was only a 5 mth puppy when I started!
    Becky
  5. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    im so sorry to be a bit ignorant guys but can you post a pic as iv never heard of them . and wud love to see one thanx
  6. Nicky1979

Nicky1979 New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Hi Dollyknockers
    Unfortunately I haven't got a piccie but I have to say that they remind me of bears, even more so when they are puppies.

Try having a look on the british bouviers website they have some nice piccies.
  7. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thanx nicky turns out i have seen them before just didn know the name for the breed . big bears is rite so adorable and cuddly
  8. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    dolly now knows wat they are i sent her a pic silly dolly thats wat the man up your road has xxxxxxxxx
  9. Nicky1979

Nicky1979 New Member

Name:
    Nic
    :lol: :lol: It's always the way though you think you wouldn't know 1 if it bit you on the behind then it turns out that you do know after all.

Beware of Bouviers if you stand still for too long, they do like to lean :lol: :lol:
  10. Tallulah Bear

Tallulah Bear New Member

Name:
    sue
    Here is a pic, i'd never heard of one before to be honest:blush:

[​IMG]
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I love these dogs, another to add to my wish list!

The Bouvier origanated from parts of Europe called Flanderes, encomposses parts of Belgium/France/ Holland.

They were origanally bred as farm dogs, to herd . drive and gaurd cattle, also to pull carts.

Now adays they make good family pets, needing to be with their people,

they are an even tempered, slightly stand offish with stranges, but protective of home and their family, in a non aggressive way.

Big hairy bouncy things, but I love em, .
  12. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    im sure i could find that in a good book if id looked thanx jackbox:grin:
  13. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    thanx for the pic zoeybeau cant believe silly old dolly didn realise what breed it was when i see thew one up the road every day . sorry meant to reply just got caught up on other threads . lovely big dogs ah :grin:
  14. fredkemperman

fredkemperman New Member

Name:
    Fred
    I have had Bouviers all my life. currently i have a 2 year old bitch, who was champion pup of the Bouvier Club in the UK and a 7 month old bitch/pup. They are great dogs and they love working/training. They do need a firm but consistent hand and grooming twice per week, if you want to keep them in shape. Let me know if anyone wants to see some pictures.
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Ermmmmmm YES!!!!

Welcome to the forum, were you at Stafford on Friday??

Spent a while talking to some of the BDF folk , as my friends is looking for a pup. so wonder if we spoke??

She is going to look at a litter on Saturday.

Cant wait to see it grow, love them, and as I said earlier ,they are on my wish list!!
  16. fredkemperman

fredkemperman New Member

Name:
    Fred
    Hi,

No we were not in Stafford. We did the Bouvier Clubmatch in October in Coventry. Because both our Bouviers come from an Irish breeder, their tails are still docked. That means we can only show them at shows where there is no entry fee for the public.

We will be breeding Seren, our 2 year old bitch next November (2011). She was Champion pup in 2009 of the Bouvier Club and 2nd in her class this year.

I have sent some photos to the editors of this site to post on the breed page. Other photos you can see on our Pawsnbuy Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pawsnbuy/144493093412?v=photos&ref=ts
  17. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Yes please!! Would love to see some pictures, have to admit I have never heard of this breed but off to have a look on good old google!
  18. fredkemperman

fredkemperman New Member

Name:
    Fred
    Sorry, they do not allow me to mention another famous social networking site. I thought the internet was supposed to be open!! Anyway it is that site that combines your face on a book and then search for pawsnbuy!
  19. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    no you are not allowed to advertise other sites here,

But you can upload your pics to photo bucket then paste them here.

Would love to see your dogs....as you will find, there are a lot of peopel who will not know about the breed or what it looks like.
  20. fredkemperman

fredkemperman New Member

Name:
    Fred
    Here are some photos:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  21. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Gorgeous - just been having a look around the world wide web and have been reading a lot I see that it is possible they may be a breed formed from the Beauceron? Is that correct The Beauceron is a favourite breed of mine :)

Your pictures show a real character and I think I will enjoy finding out more about this breed :)