Brussels Griffon cross? Questions

Discussion in 'Griffon Bruxellois' started by annegangel40, Jan 26, 2012.

1. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    I really don't see what the problem is. It's quite normal when you have an unknown mix to wonder what went in there. No need for the attitude of 'It's just a mutt, nothing more to it'. From a behavioural point of view it can be very helpful to know what breeds might be in there.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Is it? :017: See this is the way I see it, and Im being honest with you. You buy a "Yorkshire Terrier" you must know what one looks like, yes? I mean surely?:017: Then you decide its not a Yorkie (obviously didnt know what one looked like then) but you cannot let it drop that its a crossbreed. You will NEVER know what its crossed with its a mongrel. I have had two mongrels, absolutely wonderful dogs, cannot see the issue at all whatsoever! But some poeple just have to put a name, a "designer" :roll: name to it, like "Griffshire" for petes sake! Wht cant people just accept they were conned and be happy with they choice they made. Why does it matter? But thats me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    If it's a proper mutt, fair enough. If it's a first cross, it is worthwhile knowing what exactly it's crossed with, nothing to do with designer names. As far as this dog goes, I haven't a clue myself so I'm not much help.
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Then instead of asking on here, maybe the first port of call should be the person she bought it from? Guess work will never help. :grin:
  6. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    I'd be interested in testing the office lurcher. Not sure there's a point to testing the Lodger you'd get the phonebook for a JRT before you even started.
  7. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Ok Borderdawn, I have had enough of your comments. You can comment all day long, but you are the one that is making yourself look like the one that is obsessed.
    First, I will say it again, if I want to get my dog DNA tested, I will. Don't care what you think.
    Second, Precious has Yorkshire Terrier in her so you can stop with the mongrel crap because that is not what I consider her.
    Third, you must be the obsessed one because you are the one who is being rude to everyone that has posted on this thread.
    Finally, your so called Dogsy Veteran should be revoked. Actually I don't even know what a Dogsy Veteran is but I am assuming it is a title of recognition and from your behavior, the only recognition you need is a shake my head in disgust recognition.
    Now you can reply until your fingers fall off, I don't care and I am not interested.
    For the other members, thanks for your comments and I will let you know what I find out. However, stop feeding into the madness of Borderdawn because it seems like she wants to make this Dogsy forum into a bullying forum but guess what Borderdawn, I am not intimidated by you. So the best thing for a bully is to ignore them. So if I was talking to you on the phone right now, you would hear the sound of...........
  8. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    I completely agree... It doesn't matter a bit what Jake is mixed with, but I still like to ponder over it sometimes... and, I like to see what other people see in him. I don't see anything wrong with that, provided people won't be disappointed with what their dog could be (which IMO should never matter once you have the dog).

I actually think 'guess the breed' threads are really fun! :lol:
  9. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Thanks PB&J.
  10. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    It never mattered to me what Rupert was but I liked speculating on it and hearing what others thought. Yeah, he was a mutt and I'll never know for sure what was in there but it was fun to see what people thought.

I don't see what the problem is with someone wanting to know what their dog might be :017:
  11. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    It is you that's keeping the argument (bit one sided on your part) up - I really don't think the poster was "conned as such. Quite possibly the original owner genuinely though she had a full bred Yorkie. Why is it so important to you to make such an issue about it??
  12. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Don't you see? Start thinking about what your mutt's parents were and you're dangerously close to creating a portmanteau for it and as we all know there is no greater sin.
  13. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    .....as for this

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velvetboxers

Read that again in reply to my post - had to chuckle :mrgreen: They may be White but they are still Boxers :044:

:005: :mrgreen: :044:
  14. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Very well put! Excellent post.
  15. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Sorry, I am new to the doggie world. What does your post mean? Portmanteau???
  16. PB&J

PB&J New Member

Name:
    Jess
    A portmanteau is a word created by combining two existing words, and is how most 'designer' crossbreeds get their names - e.g labradoodle.
    I just think the extreme opposition such dogs receive is totally overblown, and can be taken so far that people can't even wonder about their mutt's ancestry without being accused of designer dogism, as happened in this very thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  17. annegangel40

annegangel40 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Thank you so much for that explanation.

And yes all I want to know is Precious ancestry, nothing more nothing less.