Computer problems General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Computer problems

It was making noises. Very quiet noises but enough to bother me. So I called Effie and he asked what sort of noises. Noises? How can you describe a noise that should not be heard but is? I could also feel it when touching the PC - a sort of vibration.

So, he came round, took the PC outside and vacuumed it all out - mind you, he had to get the small hand-held vac out as I could not reach it... and it apparently was an outlet fan that needed replacing. Or something. Brought it back in, connected everything [do not ask me but as he built the thing he knew what he was doing].

And Tikva, as she does, decided to do lovey lovey - well she seems to have this thing about men.

Effie always used to talk to Pereg and now he talks to Tikva, and she is so much like Pereg was with him. Strange but rather nice.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Sometimes mine would make a revving noise,once i hoovered it out it was ok.
    Its surprising the spaces 'Dog Hair. can get into.:eek:
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I use that air duster every time I turn my computer off as instructed by my nephew
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tikva does not shed and Effie has always glued dust catcher stuff inside wherever dust can get in. I cannot lift the PC and have no idea what is plugged in where, but I guess it was due for a good clean out and whatever.

But it was not a revving noise - it was a noise I could feel rather than hear, and do not forget I am very hard of hearing but Effie heard it from outside before he even came in. So there was definitely a noise, even though I could not describe it.

I regularly vacuum the dust catchers that keep most out, but my PC is never turned off - just put into Sleep mode.

Effie had a loan computer in his van in case he had to take mine to his workshop, so I was not over-worried - having known me for so many years he knows I panic if I do not have a computer!