De bubba is cold General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

De bubba is cold

A year ago I tried to put pj's on the little thing. Got bitten the first time, second time she kept it on but not for long.

Winter has arrived and Tikva was shivering so out came the pj's - put on over her harness - and apart from a bit of a fight, she is now wearing a white-spotted bright pink top sort of pj's.

She just looks rather stoopid but at least she is not cold. Well she should not be because the sun is now shining.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    The older Tikva gets the more she will be willing to let you put jumper etc on her so she's warm.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I do not know if she was cold, or just shivering but it was very early. And it was only a little fight to get the pj tops on but they are still on over her harness and it is not so cold outside now.

But she looks so funny wearing a white spotted bright pink 'jama top. I think she must have been cold but it was very early this morning,
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Pink jamas taken off last night as she still sometimes pee in her crate, and it is not cold in my bedroom, but after Tikva eeped to go out for a pee quite early, I clipped on her harness and let her out.

Then put her pjs on, gave her a bikkie, and back to her crate she went. After being fought and bitten - no, she does not hurt but she is an evil little girl, she zonked off again.

I am still not sure whether she needs pjs or a jumper on during the day but she she very thin and winter is mainly here.

She is up again now - been having a wander and P and P around, and I still do not know if she was cold or not or needs pjs and or a sweater or not. She is just so thin and it is rather cold now.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Feel her ears/paw pads/belly if you can, if cold put jumper/pj's on. Its what I do to my 6 little ones to see if they are cold if so I put a jumper/hoodie/pj's on them (I do check their body heat every 15 minutes if warm I remove the clothing) when I let them out for last pee/poo at night I do put a coat on them if freezing/snowing or raining.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Tina, I do not think she is really cold, just shivering at times. But she is so thin and I have never had such a thin dog before. And it is never that cold here so I just think she shivers for no unknown reason.

I will not keep her in jamas at night as she does someones pee in her crate, which will not be ideal, and it is not cold in my bedroom. Sometimes she pees in her crate, sometimes she does not. It is not a problem.

Her ears are never cold although sometimes her paws are but they they do not bother her.

I am going to get some jumpers for her but whether she will let me put them on her is a different matter.

This this BITES.

But I do love her and sitting on her helps...
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC likes this.
    What about a coat for Tikva
    images-2.jpeg images-1.jpeg

Or even home made jumper
    images.jpeg
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tina - I have those zip-up coats - tell me about it! The ones that zip along the top?

I do not think you know Tivka. She is evil!
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I love the zip ones all my 10 dogs have them, getting Miss Tinula in one is bit of a battle but its better then having to bath her everytime we come back from walkies.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am going to try the zip top ones once more and if the booger bites me once more time when trying to put it on, Ram will take it with the rest of the goodies when he comes at the end of the month.

I do not even know if she is cold or just has the shivvers - I know she is warm enough indoors and also at night. As I have said, not having had a skinny one before now I have no idea whether she shivvers due to cold or to exceitement. True it is not that cold and she snuggles up in a blankie during the day and I know she is not cold at night - I think that after Pereg I am just over worried about her.
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    K9, Dottie & Kobi all shake we call it the Elvis Presley leg shake, they are not cold its a smooth fur JRT thing.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Tried the zip puff once more - Ram can have it with pleasure!

I have seen some pullover sweaters at AliExpress so might try a couple of those. For a couple of dollars I cannot lose much if they are no good, can I.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    Da Bubba sed wanna go out pee and while I am I am out I will do a poo.

Ta muchly, you can do wotcha want, come in and have pjs on because it be ccccoooold.

It is now piddling down with rain, IT bit me when I put her pjs on.

Free to a free home.
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    K9 says put your pj's on Tikva

K9 wearing his red jumper
    DSCF3064.JPG
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    But she bites me. And she is is horrid.

But she has had jama tops on all day so I think she really is a bit cold.

AliExpress has some nice comfy sweaters so have ordered some. Maybe when they arrive and when IT lets me me put them on IT - but it is rather cold at the moment...

...and she is so very thin.
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    All my 6 are now wearing their jumpers & are fast asleep
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    No choice. Either she is cold in which case she has to have a cuddle up in the day, or she is just playing silly boogers, and I have not idea which.

But for a couple of US $ for a a couple of comfy sweaters that reach down to her wotsit, it will be worth a try. And she will not be able to to tell me she is cold.

Only she no doubt would because she is evil!
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I like these type of jumpers as they not got legs in them just 2 openings & they are so easier to put on

The pink & red ones are the ones without legs, the blue one is Skye's hoodie
    DSCF3061.JPG
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    The ones I am going to get have got legs in, like the ones she has now. And oh is it it going to be a fight to get them on. But I really think she is cold so I will fight with her to get them on. She will not need at night as she is warm at night.

See if I can get a piccie...

Well yes I can but it does not show what I want, but for two US$ you think I am going to argue?
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    OK, the little booga has been wearing the lightweight [with little legs] day and night for the last few days but the ones I have ordered are legless like the pink ones in your pic. The ones she has now are lightweight, loose, and have little legs. But she has not tried to get it off so she obviously needs it.

Like the pj top she is currently wearing, they will go over her harness with the leash end of her tether under it. As and when she needs a clean one, there will be the usual fight to take this one off and that one on. But once on she is happy to keep it on 24/7 so I think maybe she was cold. And it is rather cold. Not just heavy rain but horrid winds and yes, it is cold.