Does my 5 month old Rottweiler look ok? Questions

Discussion in 'Rottweiler' started by Derwy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy

Does my 5 month old Rottweiler look ok?

What do you think of my 5 months old Rottweiler ? Is he small ? I feel like his head is big and his body doesn't fit it.
    Please give me your feedback. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Bethy-boo91

Bethy-boo91 New Member

Name:
    Bethan
    He is probably going through is 'gangly' phase :) My great dane was all big ears and leggy, with a lanky body! He will start to fill out, and gain muscle etc! It's his growing time at the moment and you probably have seen him grow pretty rapidly in the past few months!
  4. Bethy-boo91

Bethy-boo91 New Member

Name:
    Bethan
    Here he is at 4 months

[​IMG]

And at 6 months

[​IMG]

You can see he still has that puppy look, but also developing into an adult! Your dog is perfectly normal and a gorgeous boy!
  5. JulieSS

JulieSS New Member

Name:
    JulieSS
    I think the head and the neck looks bigger in the pictures as well because the choke chain is tight and "separates" the neck/head from the body, if that makes sense? So you don't get to see the natural line between the back, neck and head.

But yes, they grow funny don't they! One day is all legs, next week they look fat, head looks big, then too small etc. But in the end they normally turn out alright :D .

When I bought my Irish Wolfhound my breeder told me to hide her in a closet until she was about two years old, for this reason ;) .
  6. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    Well thank you so much for your feedback, honestly this isnt my dog. Im thinking of buying him but i dont know if he's good or not, looks good and worth it or not ? :lol:
  7. JulieSS

JulieSS New Member

Name:
    JulieSS
    If he looks good should be less important than his mentality and health, seeing as he is a rottweiler. Do you know anything about his parents or his line? :)
  8. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    Yes, his parents are great both of them but the mother is a bit short. But puppies sometimes dont turn to be like their parents i know its a good thing but id like to have your opinion on the puppy himself. So far im judging him by his appearance because its the first impression, he's vacinated and i think he's healthy and playful. So im looking If his body seems to be good and will turn to be a great dog or not. Because it'll be a guard dog.
  9. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    I have owned two male Rotties, and both looked like their head was too big for their bodies until around a year old. So I don't think you will have a problem there. If you have never owned a Rottie before, may I suggest you read as much as you can about them. They are an extremely loyal breed and if not trained right this loyalty can become dangerous as one of mine ended up very jealous until he grew up a bit. They are extremely strong, and during times when they try their luck at being top dog, they can be very stubborn. I am not trying to put you off and he will make a fearless guard dog, just make sure he has manners and is trained well. They are lovely dogs in the right hands.
  10. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    Ive read a lot about them and i have a pit 5 months also, i just need another dog. Im looking forward to train them both if i get this one.
  11. JulieSS

JulieSS New Member

Name:
    JulieSS
    I would not get the rottweiler if you pit is a male too. I've heard too many stories from people with two males/two females who one day stop being able to live together because they grow older and start arguing about things.
    I'd wait until the pit is closer to proper adult age, so they have a clear age difference between them :) .
  12. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    Shes a female. And i could separate them as i have 2 houses fir them si no worries about the rott jumping on the female pit. Shoud i get him or what ?
    Thank u so much.
  13. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    I think it is expecting a lot to ask members on the forum to advise you whether to buy a dog or not going on just 3 photos and a short description.

Does he need to be on a metal choke chain at 5 months old?

And what will he be 'guarding'?
  14. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    Im sorry but im not so good with dogs so i needed some advice. Its for my dog.
    I think he shouldnt but its the stupid owner not me.
  15. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Well at least you've come here for some advice. There is a wealth of advice to be had on here from some VERY experienced members.

Myself not included!
  16. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    This isnt 5 months old, is he ? The guy says hes 5, what do u think ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. JulieSS

JulieSS New Member

Name:
    JulieSS
    If he has got papers then you can easily find out? :) If they are correct.
  18. Derwy

Derwy New Member

Name:
    Derwy
    He said e couldnt find them, and here they could easily fake ones.