Everything BORZOI! General Chat

Discussion in 'Borzoi' started by THE PET PSYCHIC, Sep 28, 2010.

1. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    He's a cracking pup but he's not a silver![​IMG][/IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Windhound

Windhound New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    It is a shame for you that he wasn't what you hoped for,I collect my little girl on Tuesday and she has gone even paler in colour. She is from a litter of 7 and out of the 7 there is a blue /white male and a blue/white female,and as I mentioned before my bitch has blue edges to her ears.They are English/Swedish breeding. You might find some blue coming through in the Sholwood /Rothesby lines as Stillwater Virginia Reel who came from the USA was a blue carrier. I have had in the past long dogs as well,I had a Saluki/Greyhound cross and a Borzoi/Greyhound both wonderful dogs who had very Borzoi mentalities.This new puppy will be the last I take on,as I am not getting any younger!Although I say that but when you run the rescue,you never know what is going to be in urgent need of help. good luck with your quest.
  4. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Patience will have to be my middle name.I looked on the internet for English litters first but the few there were had quite dark colouring.I've found a pure white pup but the breeder is reluctant to export because of the necessity for the wait for the passport.I'm looking for a way to go ahead with it,I've offered the breeder boarding fees (no reply yet) and I'm also looking for somewhere to 'park' him in Europe while the 6 months trundles on if she says no.A parking spot would have to have some very good references as I don't want my baby's formative months messed up!It's all so much more difficult than I thought it would be..I did come across one interesting bit of info though.The breed standards differ!In the UK ALL colours are acceptable but in Europe both the blue and chocolate are disqualifying faults.
  5. Inmywoods

Inmywoods New Member

Name:
    MH
    Hello HiHoSilver,

I'm a new member and I see that you're looking for a blue Borzoi. I know there are a few breeders here in the USA who are producing them but I don't know if they export. If I can figure out how to insert a pic, I'll send one of my blue puppy
    Opal.
    In the US, Borzoi can be any color or combination of colors but the eyes must be dark. Often the blues have light eyes. Opal's are darker than most-they're sort of dark gray/brown and her nose/eyelids are dark gray.

MH