Flat Coated Retriever Discussions

Discussion in 'Flat Coated Retriever' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Some more pics :D

This one was taken on a gundog working day and he's watching me before I send him off on a retrieve, one of my favs :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking scary :D :
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    just wanted to keep this photo 'current' on here as every time I was scrowling past it...it made me go 'awwwwwwwwww' and want to give him a big kiss!!!!!
    Such a magnificent boy!!!! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt049 :smt058 :smt058 :smt058
  4. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Think we cross posted Willow!!! :grin:

I'm in love...what a boy...he's sooooo beautiful, absolutely adorable!!!!!! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt049 :smt058 :smt058 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

I have a terribel confession..I was never that fussed on flatties til neighbours got one and then we got Saturn :blush: :blush: :blush: I can't believe it....:smt075 :smt075 :smt075 missed out for sooooo long!!!! Can't get enough now!!!!!! :roll: :blush: Your boys is amazing Willow...you should post pics lots more!!!!!!
    Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (ps ta for posting them! :smt002 :grin:
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    my flat coat calendar for 2007 came today...think I am now officially smitten!
    Saturn is doing fine...has had a good day today!!!
    Still hormonal and spotty....
    Love him love him love him!!!!
  6. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    where did you get yours from ? I got this years from Ebay, but havent checked to see if there is any on there yet.

How old is Saturn now ? :D
  7. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Hiya
    I got this one form the guide dogs Christmas catalogue, it was dear, but I was getting my cards etc from there so...
    Saturn is now almost 10 months old...growing up fast...we won't have him for too much longer...
    Not sure when he'll go as it depends on if he passes as breeding stock!
    Have feelers out to see if another flattie is a possibility for us though...or a flattie cross!!!!
  8. newforestfcr

newforestfcr New Member

Name:
    julia
    Hi Willow
    Hes lovely reminds me of Bertie he looks a heavier build than Paddy i know ive probably asked before whats his breeding Bertie was Braemist/Exclyst lines any connection?
  9. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    I dont check these threads often enough :roll: :blush:

Casper has got some Exclyst in his pedigree but it's way way back (I think great great great granparents) His sire is from the the Fossdyke Kennels and his mum is a mixture of Braemist and another kennel (forgotten the name !!)

My next one I want to have a bit of Warrimere in it, as they definately have a bit of a spark in that line !! :shock:

Got any up to date pics of Paddy ? :grin:

Here's a recent one of my two

[​IMG]
  10. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Beautiful!!!!
    Ou of interest...a neighbour has a flattie (got him in Devon) he's fairly small for a male (but then Saturn is HUGE) but his coat is quite long and curly. He's a about a year older than Saturn. Casper's coat looks like Saturn's, curly ears and shiny, sleek coat...but not a really long coat...The one I'm talking about has a coat like a goldens, maybe a bit longer...with a bit of a wave to it. Is that normal?
  11. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Completely normal :D They can have a wave or a bit of a curl on the coat (I personally dont like it, but each to they're own) there are a few show dogs around like that, but they're mostly a mixture of the two :D
  12. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Thanks Willow...I have to admit I think the shorter coat looks better!!!!!
  13. newforestfcr

newforestfcr New Member

Name:
    julia
    Hi Ramble

Have you still got Saturn or has he gone to work?
  14. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Met my first flatcoat today and fell in love. She was a liver bitch at training class called Coco. She was adorable so soft and silky and could be having puppies by the end of the year...............
  15. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Saturn update...we went to visit him and he is currently in training with his new owner...everything crossed. Seeing him work was amazing!
  16. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Really pleased ramble, excellent news. I have met a couple more flatcoats since my above post. i train with one at agility, and she breeds them. they are black and very eager to please. I bet Saturn is a joy to have.
  17. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    He was Fudgeley!Bless him!
    What kennel is the lady from that you train with?
  18. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    She runs the Cotebrook Shire (breeds and shows these too) centre but not sure what her kennel name is.
  19. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Happy news, Saturn is now a fully qualified working Guide Dog with an owner who totally adores him.Smiles all round.
  20. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Even better news....we have our own Falt Coated Retriever puppy at last. He is almost 14 weeks and called Cosmo.
    WE are even more smitten than we were before....

[​IMG]
  21. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    Love that pic of Cosmo, he is such a honey :)