Greedy bichon General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Barneyrubbles, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Barneyrubbles

Barneyrubbles New Member

Name:
    Theresa

Greedy bichon

hi all.My bichon Barney is a nitemare for scavenging anything & everything to eat regardless of what it is.We are very careful to not leave anything lying around but on the odd occasion when our 20yr old daughter leaves her room door open he's straight in there & always finds something I.e face wipes,left over food bits etc..Up until now he always manages to clear the objects from his body somehow until yesterday that is.
    Since 11pm last night he's been extremely unwell with shock fever salivating crying unable to get busy or eatAfter spending his day at the vets they said they could see an obstruction but didn't think it was foreign body,they sent him home without solving the problem which we find very odd & unsure of what to do now as he's clearly still struggling.Theyve suggested taking him back tomorrow for another X-ray
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Hello again. My breed is also very greedy, and will eat all kinds of rubbish - given the chance. Your boy sounds very uncomfortable, and I hope you will have more positive news about him tomorrow. Paws crossed, do come back and let us know tomorrow's results. Good luck.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please find another vet asap Theresa. Face [and baby] wipes can and do cause obstructions, not only in dogs but in main sewers because they are not biodegradable.

Taking another Xray will not help because if your boy has a bad obstruction in his GI tract causing him so much discomfort and pain, the obstruction needs to be removed asap.

And PLEASE tell your daughter to clean up her bedroom and close the door. She is not a child.