I just want my mummy! Behaviour

Discussion in 'Bullmastiff' started by katygeorge, Jun 8, 2014.

1. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz likes this.

I just want my mummy!

When we had a thunder and lightening storm a few weeks back phoebe came running up to my office and lay on the spare bed waiting for me. She NEVER comes upstairs and no matter what the hubby did she wasnt going with him as he needed her mummy. We had a thunder storm on saturday and phoebe was at kennels and they had to phone me as she was so upset and i had to talk to her on speaker phone (this was all quite embarrassing) we had some more thunder today and phoebe wedged herself on sofa to get to me that she pushed hubby off. He wasnt impressed and made her move so again she stuck her head between us and cried untill he gave up and let her come for a snuggle. He had to sit on the floor.

As much as shes a daddys girl, only mummy will do when its scary!

Anybody elses doggys come running for them when it gets scary?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Aww bless her - Rocky was the same, a big softy deep down :lol:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Gertie the lurcher was terrified of thunderstorms. The worst times were at night - she'd come upstairs, jump on the bed and stand over us drooling in fear.

Bill the border collie hated them too and used to get stuck when he tried to hide behind furniture.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Little One was terrified of thunder and boom booms and used to hide behind the books on the bottom book shelf, shaking so much the book shelf shook, Nothing calmed her.

Pereg is not over bothered but she is very much a mommy's girl and even has to follow me into the loo. I move, she has to follow me. But this is all the time - not because of thunder or boom booms.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    My 6 hate fireworks & thunder, we had bad thunderstorms on Saturday while I was at work, K9 sat whimpering on my knee until the storm had passed.
    Today I put all their thunder jackets on them as soon as I saw the black sky, which calm them all down.
  7. swimdog

swimdog Member

Name:
    jackie
    Zack is too laid back he's not bothered at all but the cats come running to me when it thunders.
  8. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    We had a terrible thunderstorm at 5am the other day and having seen an oak tree split from top to bottom by lightening in the next door field last year I was a bit scared :(

I looked to my dog Chloe for a bit of comfort, she didn't turn a hair and wasn't at all keen at being disturbed on her comfy duvet by her owner :rolleyes:

So much for 'canine empathy ' :)