Impressive service! General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Janet, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Pork1epe1 and CaroleC like this.

Impressive service!

Yesterday, Easter Bank Holiday, I placed an online order for dog food from Berriewood. It's just been delivered!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That is a very impressive service indeed, especially for an online order on a public holiday! :023: I have just been looking at Berriewood's products and they seem very good and reasonably priced.

I cannot complain about delivery times for Tikva's food either. I just have to telephone my poulterer for her meat/poultry/necks/wings - oh and fish - whenever her freezer [sorry, it is still Pereg's freezer as I bought it for her] is running low, and Mikhaël delivers it on his way home that evening. Avner, who used to run the macolet, brings whatever frozen vegetables I want, the day after I telephone him.

The macolet only sells basic fresh vegetables and it is not worth the effort to dice and freeze just pumpkin and courgettes for the tiddler [well she is a tiddler compared with Pereg, who was only a medium-ish size] so Avner gets me large packs of frozen diced mixed vegetables. The macolet stopped carrying a lot of frozen stuff now as nobody was buying much, and the only frozen vegetables they carry are peas, and peas and carrots. Not even any beans now.
  4. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hi,
    I'll have a look at there website. Is it just for dog food? Sounds like amazing service.
    I tried to order some shampoo from Amazon a couple of days before Easter Sunday it took them so long to deliver I considered ringing up to cancel my order.
    @Janet If you don't mind me asking was it free delivery?
    Jane
    x
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hi Jane

Their website is berriewoodwholesale.co.uk - it's free delivery if you spend £29 or over. I've found their prices and service very good. They sell a good range of dog food - wet, dry, frozen, and also cat, horse, small animals and reptile food. A few accessories as well I think.

I once tried getting my Naturediet from Amazon through subscribe and save, thinking it would be useful to have a delivery automatically every month without having to bother to re-order it myself. All went well to begin with, as they were using Royal Mail for deliveries. Then they changed to Hermes, and almost every delivery I receive from Hermes is damaged. So I went back to Berriewood, who use Fedex.

If I've given the wrong website address let me know and I'll check!

Janet
  6. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hiya Janet,
    I have had a good browse. I feed Harper Royal Canin Medium Adult Dog Food. I normally get the 15kg bag just because it lasts longer. At Berriewood it is actually on offer gone from £57.99 to £45.98. This would qualify for free delivery. However on Amazon it is £38.99 full price and since I am always thinking of things I need for the house like DIY stuff from Amazon, I will qualify for free delivery. Both websites' prices are fair and I will not hesitate to use Berriewood if I need the food urgently. Yep, I am a bit of a cheap skate, like to save money whenever possible. :005:I bet it didn't take you long to figure that one out!!:D
    Thanks for the advice,
    Jane
    x