Irish Water Spaniels anymore on the forum? General Chat

Discussion in 'Irish Water Spaniel' started by sher142, Apr 21, 2009.

1. sher142

sher142 New Member

Name:
    Sue

Irish Water Spaniels anymore on the forum?

Anyone out there owned by a bogdog?? Or is it just me!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Not me, but I think they are a lovely breed. Can you post some pics?
  4. sher142

sher142 New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I'll try but I'll have to read the inserting photos instructions first! I see you are in Blackpool, my baby donkey is from there - came to pick him up last July.
  5. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    awww - post some pics of him too!
  6. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Not me, but intend to be owned by one , one day.

I know someone on an other forum who has one, and I think she would agree with your description of them.

Welcome to the forum

Hope we get some pics of your bogdog;-)
  7. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    i love them, my aunty breeds them, they are fabulous dogs...one day i will have one
  8. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    ME TOO!!!!!!!!;-)
  9. sher142

sher142 New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I've found photo instructions so when I get a minute I'll have a go! Water spans are fun, fun, fun and very loving, I've had them since 1987 and I waited two years for my first one. At one time we had six but now just one! She is called Coral and is two years old and was a gift from a friend as I used to have Coral's aunty who sadly got mast cell cancer when she was only four. When Coral was born I phoned my friend to congratulate her on the litter and was told I had to collect my pup in seven weeks' time!
  10. CLMG

CLMG New Member

Name:
    Christine
    I don't own one, but there was one doing agility at Ardingly over Easter, absolutly stunning dog :grin:
  11. Holly-Rosee

Holly-Rosee New Member

Name:
    Holly and Ros
    i think they are lovely and once went to chriss attwoods and nearly came home with one,their faces just make me laugh so they must make their owners very happy people
  12. sher142

sher142 New Member

Name:
    Sue
    They make you laugh with the things they do too, when Coral was about half grown she realised that Arnie (jack russell) was asked for a wave before he was given his bedtime doggy sausage so she decided she would join in with this waving thing - her wave was very high and quite dangerous in a small kitchen as she has such huge paws plus it was quite unexpected!! She does it every night now and has got it on cue for other occasions. She also squashes herself on to the window sill because that is where Arnie likes to be, she doesn't leave him much room! Still not had time to do the photos but will get round to it, sorry! Basically she is big, brown and very curly and usually smelly depending on where she has been swimming.
  13. Jayceeay

Jayceeay New Member

Name:
    Judith
    DannyG likes this.
    Hi
    I'm new to the forum today. I have a 7 month old IWS. She's called Keira and she's brilliant. I'd recommend the breed to anyone - as long as you're prepared for the size and the energy.

I started going to puppy training with Keira when she was 12 weeks old and cannot believe how quickly she is picking things up - she's definately star pupil! Her only failing at the moment is poor recall - she turns at her name but doesn't always want to come back. We're working hard at this.

Someone on this forum mentioned about how they make them laugh. I agree totally with this comment. I find that when I'm out walking Keira that almost everyone that we pass looks at her and smiles. We get stopped all of the time and asked what breed she is and where we got her from. She's definately a conversation starter