Looking for a recommended West Highland Terrier breeder please General Chat

Discussion in 'West Highland White Terrier' started by melsgems, Aug 18, 2010.

1. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel

Looking for a recommended West Highland Terrier breeder please

Not for me for my friends.

They are looking for a puppy, have had dogs previously and are very good around mine.

My friend is in a wheel chair and her OH is her full time carer so someone is at home all day. They have a 7 year old boy who is also good with dogs.

They are in the Manchester area.

Any recommends?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. littlefoot

littlefoot

Name:
    Debbie
    Has she had a look at some of the rescues like the little dog rescue or friends of the animals rct. They have small dogs in and I'm sure I've seen a westie up for adoption on onw of them. The only other thing they could try is going onto the Kennel cub web site. Click on find a puppy and it should let them choose a breed and find a breeder in their area.
  4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I could only find one registered breeder in there area, and they did no health tests and bred for pure pleasure nothing else.
    There maybe more, but may take some finding. are they not willing to travel for a decent pup from an ethical breeder?
    If not like suggested try rescues, maybe even a breed rescue.
    Little Dog Rescue is who we foster for, and they get various breeds through their doors, so will be worth looking into them to.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2010
  5. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
  6. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    Hi, thanks for the replies, I have tried the rescue route but they are adamant they want a puppy as they fear a rescue may have too many issues and they have a child to consider. I will def give them the links tho as I agree with you a rescue would be ideal. They have just heard too many scare stories :roll: :-(
  7. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    Many tears always has lots of puppies, usually from breeders who are unable to sell them......
  8. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    oooohh thanks for that, thats interesting to know thanks x
  9. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    They might not be westie puppies though. They have several different breeds/ x at the moment from different litters.

Just scroll down and you will see them all.
    http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm

I want Araf
  10. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    I know they would prefer to get a puppy, but what about this little soul!

Info copied form the site.

[​IMG]

18-08-10 Rum is a 5 year old westie. She is a lovely and very friendly girl who loves people and can't wait to make friends. Rum knows all about lead walking and will happily trot off to explore the world with anyone that she's met here so far. Rum is one of the few brave girls that we rescue from breeding lives that is confident enough for us to consider homing as an only dog. If you are looking for a lovely, little girl but do not have any existing dogs at home and have been told to watch out for one that could go alone, then this is the one, send in an application form as soon as you can!

She is roughly in the middle of the page.
    http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm