Mad half hour... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Mad half hour...

...during which Tikva chucked all the toys and cushions off the couch and had strewn them all over the bungalow and outside all over the yard, emptied her toy box and strewn those everywhere - including behind the wheels of my chair and underneath it.

She has also pulled the throw-that-was-and-is-now-folded-so-she-can-make-a-bed-or-igloo and has dragged that half way out of the door.

Where was I when all this balagan was going on? In my bedroom sorting out some things.

I did wonder why she was so quiet! :rolleyes:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Malka likes this.
    We always have a few toys around. Louie push with his favourites which is a long nylon frog, a ball that is bigger than a tennis ball as he pushes it around like playing football and can pick it up and run around with it. We have tried all kinds ds if toys and those are his favourites, so we just replace them when we have to. What kind of dog do you have? Sounds like she has had a fun afternoon.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikva is a Dachshund dam/Minpin sire cross, who weighs about 6.2 kilos. She has a shorter back than a Dachshund, slightly wider skull and shorter snout. She also has longer legs so in shape she is more like a Minpin but with obvious Doxie features. Everyone says she is very cute so I guess she must be.

This photograph is a year old but she has not changed much.

IMG_0456.JPG

Toys? Soft ones, preferably to either throw about or squeak them, and she does not care if they are big or small. A box full of them plus her current favourites on the couch with her. When they are not on the floor or placed behind my wheels so I run over them when I reverse and make them squeak! She is 2 years and 4 months old but she still thinks she is a puppy and acts like one. :D
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka likes this.
    IAs much fun as it was for her I bet it felt longer than 1/2 hour for you
    Were you smiling or anxious ?
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am used to her antics by now but plonking around with my picker-upper picking up toy after toy, trying not to fall over them - then having to pull the throw in so that I could go out and plonk round the yard to collect the ones outside! :D

By the time I had collected everything Tikki was fast azonk on the couch and it was time for her evening meal, so by the time I got it ready I had to wake her for it!

ETA - here is a fairly recent photograph of Tikva

[​IMG]
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka likes this.
    It's sounds bonkers at your house, bless you x
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ah but it is lovely when she is sleeping! Incidentally I added a more current photograph to my last post. She was given me the stink-eye for having dared take a picture of her! :D
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    It is hard to believe that little Tikva is nearly two and a half!
    Of course I should have realised, because we lost Tweed and Pereg at a similar time, and both adopted our new girls fairly soon afterwards. There is no way that it feels that long though.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    My garden is literally littered with toys because Rosie never destroys them so some are years old. A few weeks ago, I tidied them up putting most of them in a box in the porch just leaving what were then her favourites out (she changes favourites regularly). Next day she took every toy, one at a time, out of the box and back onto the garden.

It won't be too long now as it gets colder that she brings them inside. Mind you, I do put most of them well out of reach when that happens because she has so many :)
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannot leave toys that are scattered in the bungalow in case I trip over them and I really do not fancy face-planting on the stone floor again! And I cannot leave toys outside in the yard or children can, and have done, take them if Tikva is not outside.

I had a polite argument with a mother because her small child was screaming that I had taken her toys, but the child had come into the yard and was picking up Tikki's toys when I had gone out to get them. And when a small child starts screaming "mine, mine, that lady has stolen my toys"...

That is the trouble with an unfenced yard and Tikki will not bring them in or pick them up from anywhere - the words "pick it up" just get me the stink-eye! At least with the picker-upper I do not have to bend down or else I will face-plant the yard.

And we all know what happens when I face-plant the ground :oops:
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Merry doesn't take anything outside, and any favourites are usually taken to her bed. Apart from her delight in turning toilet roll middles into confetti, she is a very tidy dog, and seems to prefer cuddling her toys. Eddie is our toy scatterer in chief - our living room and the dogs bedroom are usually a trip hazard with hooves, ropes, chews and toys, scattered at will. To get one toy out of his toybox, he will decant at least six! His special favourites, various fabric covered Kong squeakers, do get taken into the garden. I have to remember to bring them in at night because I worry about the risk of lungworm due to them being in contact with snails.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    After yesterday's performance Tikva did not have her evening meal until gone 8.30pm because she was zonked out, exhausted. Then apart from going out a couple of times to rush around and bark because someone was sitting in a parked car outside, it was back on the couch for more zonks.

I had to wake her at 11.30pm to go out for a pee - she had a sniff around to see if there was any new mail, pee'd, came in and sat on the couch waiting for me to unclip her tether - then shot off into the bedroom and sat by her crate waiting for me to get her little bikki and open the crate door for her.

Did some half-hearted twiddles, door open, Tikki in, bikki given, door closed, and I came back in here until I was ready for bed.

This morning I had to wake her as she decided she wanted a lie-in!

Tikki Tikva is certainly fun to have around! :D
  14. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    She sounds as if she is being weak behaved, it makes our pooches so much nicer to be around doesn't it ?
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikki is a good little girl with a wonderful disposition and a great character of her own. She is happy and healthy, mostly extremely well behaved, and a joy to have around. Wonderful with children, even littlies, and all people in fact, although like Pereg was, there are certain people walking past that she will bark at - same type of people as well, especially those walking past swinging shopping bags. And like Pereg she does not like cars sitting outside unless she recognises them, then gets really excited to see the people she knows.

She also barks to warn me if someone is coming down the path if I do not see them, but has a totally different bark for someone she knows as against a stranger. One is a greeting bark, the other is "I do not know you so please wait until Mommy is here". I am expecting a water delivery today and she recognises the truck and the driver's overalls, so even if it is a different driver she knows he is a friend.

I just love it when she decides to be a puppy again even if she does throw her toys around when she plays with them so I have to pick them up! One thing is for sure, apart from when she is sleeping or just dozing, she has fun! :D