Miniature English Bull Terriers, any health problems? Health

Discussion in 'Miniature Bull Terrier' started by muttzrule, Mar 18, 2010.

1. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael

Miniature English Bull Terriers, any health problems?

I met the coolest little Mini EBT in our hospital this past weekend. She was such a joy and so freaking precious it was unreal. Just wondered if anyone on here had any experience with them. I've read they are prone to lense luxation. Any other health problems?

I guess I worry because anytime you miniaturize anything there are risks.

For example miniature horses are fraught with health problems, while miniature donkeys seem more hardy. Miniature schnauzers and miniature poodles seem fine, but the miniature Australian shepherd is a hot mess of a breed.

So thought on the Mini EBT?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Only one.

As a child my neighbour's mother had one. He was white with a black eye patch and was called Boozer. What a character he was.:)

I used to walk him whenever they visited. I knew him for about 5 years and I think he was about 10 years old when the daughter moved away so I never saw him anymore:(

He was always fit and healthy, didn't have any pyshical problems at all (though typical of his breed he was a real stubborn so and so :lol:)
  4. spaznchevy

spaznchevy New Member

Name:
    Madelyn
    i knew a friend who bred them , andthey had 5 of them they were the most friendly lovable wel behaveddogs EVER!!! Their oldest was about 14years old and completely healthy
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Unfortunately the minis do have health probs, PLL, primary lens luxation is a big problem with in the breed...
    the good news is though that the genetic mutation for the problem has been found and a DNA test can be done to identify carriers and infact clear tested dogs...

1. PRIMARY LENS LUXATION

2. AORTIC STENOSIS AND MITRAL VALVE DYSPLASIA

3. FAMILIAL NEPHROPATHY – KIDNEY DISEASE

4. Patella Luxation
    it is a sad fact that any miniature breed do seem to suffer more health problems.

Hope that helps a little x