My friend David the Taxi Driver General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

My friend David the Taxi Driver

I have known him since he first took me to the Vet with Pereg when she had a major seizure. I even met his lovely wife at one time.

So, David brings me some Friday food - various fish and salads - not sure from where, and I call him on a Thursday to please ask him for whatever. And he always called me from wherever is it to ask what I want.

But he did not call me this morning - he just turned up with what he thought I would like, and said his wife's mother died last night and would be laid to rest about midday. So David who has to arrange everything still went and got the fish and salads for me.

I cannot stop crying. Why did that wonderful man think of me to go and get what I had asked him for yesterday when he had so much to do to arrange for his Mother-in-Law to be laid to rest today?

I love that guy.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    There are some good people in the world, and David is clearly one of them.

RIP his mother-in-law.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think I have to explain. I am an Orthodox Jew and we have to lay our dead to rest before nightfall. Father died at 10am on a Friday, too late for him to be laid to rest before Shabbat so we had to wait until the Sunday.

David's Mother-in-Law died last night, so there is time for her to be laid to rest before Shabbat. But he did not have to buy and bring me the fish and salads, did he?
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I cannot really explain what or why David thought he had to think of me. It it is not as if I do not have any food and he could have telephoned me and said sorry but - but why? Did he think I would be cross with him. After so many years of knowing him?

He is my friend. My driver. Not just a taxi driver but my friend. Pereg loved him and Tikva loves him as well.

And I love him. He is one very special person who I am grateful to know.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Just a good man doing the right thing. So few of them about these days. A true gentleman by the sounds of things.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    If you only knew Chris, if you only knew what that guy has done for me. I can give him my hole-in-the-wall card to draw cash for me and know I can trust him. When I wanted a new mobile phone - not a smart phone but a basic one, he took me to where I had bought my previous ones and I had a problem because they were trying to sell me a smart phone.

No, I did not want a smart phone I wanted the one they showed me but said did I not want a smart phone? So David brought me home, went back with my ID card and just about everything - bought the mobile phone I had seen and wanted, and bought it. In my name and my ID number. And signed for it.

Why? Because he knew I was getting upset so said he would sort it for me. Sure I had to pay for it but he used my ID card to sign everything.

Would you trust anyone like that? Well I trust him. I have no reason not to. He is, as you say, a true gentleman.