New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Thank you Mr Bronson! Same to you!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Thank you Mr Bronson, and you too Gareth :)

Tikki and I hope you both get what you both wish for. now and in the future. :052:
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Enjoying a 'Risky' Cocktail or three while Mr B does Binkies through the snow in the garden (those of you who have had rabbits will understand). Keeping the post Christmas/pre New Year blues at bay with some much needed cathartic writing!
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The Risky seems to have become quite a favourite Gareth. I have the excuse of being ill, so my favourite cough medicine this year has been the Ginginger - Greenalls and Stones Ginger Wine.
    Have you been writing text or music? I hope that it is productive. I sense that your Christmas has been a less than happy one. Unfortunately we are preprogrammed to expect Christmas to be a happy time, but it is often when memories get in the way, and remind us that life can never be the way we wish it could be. I could write reams about lost hope and damaged feelings, and I'm sure I am not the only one!
    I hope the New Year is kind to you and Mr. Bronson of course.
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    I've written lyrics (as well as poems) which I then put the music to afterwards. It's the way I've always worked. As I'm writing I get the music in my head and how I want it all to sound. It gets fine tuned and edited as I record normally. Some songs aren't even finished as I go in to record them. I like to let it come naturally. I had one song almost finished once but I could not work out the end. So 6 months went by with it on the shelf, then one night it suddenly came to me (after some inspiration) and I went straight to record it, even though it was 1am! Which is the joy of having your own studio. And I think if I'd waited until the next day the same feeling wouldn't have been there and wouldn't have sounded the same.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I just write poetry - not to be set to music - just poetry about this, that, t'other, whatever. And keep it all in a file to which I sometimes add, although having had some that has been published in the past, maybe, just maybe, I will put another collection together again.

Maybe.
  8. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Mr Bronson has just gone down to 2 feeds a day from 3. And I feel so bad because he normally has his right after I have mine, so he's circling me now wondering why he isn't getting anything. :(
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ah bless, he thinks you have forgotten him!
    Perhaps a chew stick would take his mind off it.

I shouldn't admit this but my two pensioners have lunch and supper, but refuse to give up their breakfast. I have it down to one teaspoon of bio yoghurt and a pinch of bran flakes - followed by half a teaspoon of coconut oil - but they will dance the fandango until they have had it. Can be useful though when I need to medicate.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I go by what the Torah says - "feed your animals before yourself" - because that is what I do, although of course when puppies [especially Tikva], times had to fit in with them and I was lucky to be able to eat at times!

Tikki has a little chew once she is up and been out for a p&p - unless she needs to go out at the crack of dawn in which case she goes back into her crate with a tiny bikki and I go back to bed, and she gets the little chew once we have both surfaced.

10am [plus or minus] she has her frozen bone meal while I have my breakfast - and her evening "wet" meal is plus or minus 8pm. If I go across to the macolet I get a few tiny treats and she sits on the couch waiting - and as I go to close the door she gets the "ana one, ana two, ana 'ere you go" and throw them in!

And she has her tiny bikki when she goes into her crate at night.

But I have never used treats for training. Clapping my hands and saying "good girl" is all she seems to need. And she is actually a good little girl... most of the time...
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    2 days without a cigarette. :035:
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I gave up 20 years ago, and am still chewing gum!I
    Wears out your fillings, but better for you than smoking!
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    The girl in the picture mysteriously disappeared shortly after this was taken

Image0089.jpg
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Gosh, that looks heavy - weren't you worried about the strength of those coils?
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Nah, Gerald was great!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh my ears and whiskers, WHY did I look at that?

I am stark raving terrified of those things.

Gareth I think I am rapidly going off you too :043::044::043::044::043::044::043:
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Gee, thanks. Love you too!
  19. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    The secret squirrel has paid yours truly a visit once again. It's 5am and I am still wide awake. HELP!
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ah, yes, well, see... ahem... guess who forgot her night meds and took the morning ones instead...

...but she is not quite that stoopid, [oh yes she is] so she goes back on her quiz games where nobody knows who she is...

....and makes an idjit of herself there.
  21. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Mr Bronson has got his lipstick out for the doggy disco! :oops: