Discussion in 'Help / Suggestions' started by GsdSlave, Apr 12, 2014.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.

Tad confused as when i click on New Posts ive noticed that a couple of top posts on General Dog Chat, dont appear on New Posts :confused:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They should do if there are new posts on them - they do for me :017:
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    I changed it :lol:

Previously I had swapped the forum software's default 'new posts' link with what is actually 'all recent posts' - which meant all recent posts (regardless of whether they were new/unread) would show when clicking on the New Posts link.

I have put it back to the default setting now - so the New Posts link only shows new/unread posts. However, when you've clicked that, you can see a link to 'Recent Posts' at the right hand side - this will show all recent posts, regardless of whether you have read them or not.

I'm doing this as I am going to add a number next to New Posts - to represent how many are unread :) If you still prefer it the old way after a week or so, we can think about changing it back. I quite like it this way - as it shows you unread posts, and you can easily view all recent posts... tho it takes a few days to get used to it :lol:
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Thanks Azz, Now im really confused :confused::lol:
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    6JRT's likes this.
    Have a look at this...

rp1.jpg

• When you click New Posts link (1) it shows you new/unread posts
    • While there, you can click Recent Posts (2) which will show you all recent posts, whether they are read or not (so the way New Posts was working previously)
    That make more sense? :)
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Azz - it does not look like that for me. :017:

When I click either the NEW POSTS as marked by you as (1) OR if I click New Posts on the line where it says Mark Forums Read - Search Forums - Watched Forums - Watched Threads - New Posts, I get the following:

8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    6JRT's likes this.
    Yes thanks,Silly me, until you mentioned it i never noticed the Recent Posts button.
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That just means you have no unread posts - click on 'view all recent posts' to get all recent posts :)

It wasn't there before Vee, or at least wasn't made as prominent as that link is now :)

I have added the 'count' but for now it will only show in the secondary nav (I will look into moving it into the top nav at some point) :)
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know, but how come I do not see the same thing as you posted?
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  11. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    6JRT's likes this.
    Jeez I come back after going awol for a couple of days and have 808 new posts but appear not to have the choice of recent posts. Still having problems with smilies, can't add them where I want they just plonk themselves in front of the post, instead of where I indicate I want them, incidently I'm using a different laptop to before.
  12. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    WB Shirley :)

When you click on the New Posts link, do you see the same thing as in the photo in post 5 above?

Can you take a screen grab of what you see please? I'm wondering whether you have some custom settings or something on your setup...
  13. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    :p:confused:
    Ok I have found unread posts, daft old bat couldn't see for looking but the smilies are still bewildering me. No matter what laptop or which browser I use I seem to have a variety of different problems with them. No clue why it insists on putting the smilie at the start of the post instead of where I choose. Lol this time it's put it in front of your post.
  14. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    That sounds like a javascript issue - which browser were you using and has it been upgraded to the latest version?

Which anti-virus software do you have again? I remember once I installed one on my pc and my smilies stopped working! :lol:
  15. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    IE10 and Bitdefender. I tried firefox and it wouldn't let me type anything at all in the reply box. I'm feeling victimised
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I am guessing it is something to do with bitdefender - it's extremely unusual to get problems in more than one browser, which makes me think it is a system wide issue. Do they have support forums or a contact where you could ask them if anyone else has had similar problems?

I would still try installing browsers that haven't been installed on your system to see if they get the same problems too.
  17. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I've used bit defender for years and never had a problem with smilies, in fact the only site I have problems with is this one and that's using 3 different laptops. One of which was used on Breedia for the first time today, they can't all have developed issues with the same site even though the issues are different they do all involve the smilies.
  18. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Azz likes this.
    OK now using google chrome to see how the smilies behave :roll: and they're in the right place at least :lol: they appear to send when I want them to too:grin:, just have to wait and see if it continues to work.