Nose pigment question Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by c ford, Mar 27, 2017.

1. c ford

c ford New Member

Name:
    Peyton

Nose pigment question

Will nose pigment darken in a cream colored puppy? Currently, I am considering purchasing a puppy (the puppy is 2 weeks old) that has pink splotches on the nose and skin around the mouth. I have a choice between this dog and one that already has a dark nose. The confirmation on the initial dog is better but I am not sure I should take the risk if the other dog already has a darkened nose. Please help! Do you know if the skin pigment usually darkens in this breed? Thank you for your help.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    CaroleC likes this.
    Yes, at two weeks old, the skin/nose pigment has no where near finished developing.
    Though I do question how well one would be able to judge the conformation of a two week old puppy.........
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    My Poodle had lots of pink on his nose when we viewed him at about three weeks old, but it was completely black when we brought him home at twelve weeks. I don't know if French Bulldogs are any different.

Good luck with whichever pup you choose.
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    CaroleC likes this.
    It's hard to say. Can very well end up with splotchy/butterfly nose on the one. I would not trust that thr conformation is better by any means in 2 week old puppies. Unless there is something terribly wrong / noticeable in the structure.