Otto, an unusal brown malinois General Chat

Discussion in 'Belgian Shepherd Dog (Malinois)' started by Dayananda, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Dayananda

Dayananda New Member

Name:
    Dayananda Navarrete

Otto, an unusal brown malinois

Hi, my name is Daya and I am from Mexico City. My english is not very good so I apologize for the mistakes that I can have.

I knew of the blue malinois but until the arrival of Otto I learn of the existence of this recessive color in the malinois, the brown or chocolate. Otto was born in a litter of four puppies, children of certified malinois. He has a recessive gene in the B loci, which causes him to have nothing black all over his body, and all that would be black is brown.

Obviously does not have the standard of coloration of the malinois, but it is a genetic probability manifested and for me that I am interested in the genetics of populations I found a very interesting event.

In Mexico I had not found any report of this coloration. And you?

IMG_9697.JPG IMG_9666.JPG received_1441325855897861.jpg 20170822_183037.jpg 20170822_182102.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Dayananda likes this.
    Welcome ! Your English is perfect, well done !
    What a beautiful dog. That is all I can say as I don't know anything of the breed, but, there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site, I'm sure you will get help with your questions
  4. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    @GsdSlave may be able to help.
    Jane
    xx