Patterdale cross Bichon Frise. General Chat

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by chaz, May 31, 2011.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie

Patterdale cross Bichon Frise.

I think I met the cutest little cross the other day, she looked like a Jack Russel with a wavy coat and was so friendly, and I'm sure that she is the result of a modern day lady and the tramp story, I can just imagine it can't you ;-).

I have to say though I've never heard of one of these crosses before, she was a little black and white princess who came running up to Honey and Diesel, friendly as anything (although I did give a warning to the owner about the dog that attacked Diesel) and we was speaking for a while, she may not be the most well behaved dog thats around, but she was probally one of the cutest.

I have to say though, I do think this one was a happy accident mating, and although she was lovely I do hope that its not a cross that starts being bred for cash, but then maybe not having poodle in, it wont be, but I did fall in love, she was one of them dogs who had so much charisma and charm that I think that everyone who meets her would be likely to want to put her in their back pocket and walk out with her, which is surprising, as neither breeds are really up in my most wanted breeds...

Also has anyone else seen or heard of this cross either.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Nope-it is unusual, I wouldn't have thought Patterdale crosses would be very popular as they are working terriers and not your little lap dog type of small dog.

We saw a lovely puppy cross-breed last year when Cherry was in doggy hospital. It was a Bichon cross mini Schnauzer and it was gorgeous! Parker doesn't usually want to be bothered by pups but he was missing Cherry so he was happily playing with it for 10 minutes which was funny to watch. When they went back to their van and took the puupy away he stood watching it go looking very forlorn :cry:
  4. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Try looking on any puppy sales site under Lakeland Terrier and you can see the variety of crosses with Patterdales. Pages of them.
  5. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I would expect patterdale other terriers crossing, but I'm still a bit shocked that someone would have a bichon cross one, as they seem so totally different, but she was so lovely bless her.

But any bichons ;)
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Mind you I just found a ad, but its old apparently, I wonder what the chances are of it being the same litter this one was from? I'm glad that she didn't call hers a bichondale though :roll:

7. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Well I used to groom for someone and they said they has a Bichon cross puppy and it was shedding a lot and could I advise. I said bring it in next time you bring the others and I will have a look.

This dog had a harsh terrier coat and looked like a poor Parsons. The lady said it was with its mother a Bishon when she went to buy it.

So it was either a pup from an other mother or a Bichon X Terrier with the terrier coat.

I new a lady who used to breed handbag dogs, they were all crosses of any breed that was small, she did not really care.

If someone is breeding for money threy will cross anything available.
  8. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

I met that cross about a year ago and I did think it was odd crossing patterdales as they are not for the faint hearted

What was worse was the guy had 2 of them - the older dog (about a year old)and a pup he had went back to the same breeder for - so they were churning them out