Saluki Discussions

Discussion in 'Saluki' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. tova

tova New Member

Name:
    meriel
    Your dogs are beautiful.
    I love all sighthounds, but have only had greyhounds myself although I aspire one day to have a borzoi! Salukis are definite favourites of mine though.
    My friend has a saluki lurcher who she got at 12 months old. By this age she had already had a litter and was in quite poor condition but in my friends care she has blossomed. She is such a beautiful dog and looks so like a smooth saluki I've included some photos of her I took in the summer.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Their names are Sediki Qasa and Sediki Qadifa they are litter sisters Qasa is a black fringed red and Qadifa is a fawn she has 1 CC that she won at Blackpool 2007. Qasa had 6 pups last year 3 dogs and 3 bitches
  4. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    All totally gorgeous i love hounds they are so regal looking - i have a greyhound - i love salukis for their shaggy ears and tails
  5. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Pharaoh is half Greyhound, half Saluki/Pharaoh hound. His mum was the Saluki/Pharaoh hound mix and was very beautiful and unusual. stood up ears of the Pharaoh hound but delicately fringed all over. Sadly no pictures of her. His Grandmother the Pharaoh hound was also still at home when I went to get him. Absolutely stunning dog, but I have never seen another.

I watched a documentary about the Saluki once and saw something that explained a lot. A bedoin nomad was out hunting with his Saluki when night fell. He got the light blanket out of his pack and laid it on the floor, he folded it over himself, then lifted a corner and the dog climbed in ad curled next to him for warmth, in this way they comfortably slept through the cold desert night!... Pharaoh always does this! He has to be under the covers with you or under a blanket... Is this a Saluki trait then? Or just my wussy boy?
  6. sarah8

sarah8 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    What wonderful dogs. I have never seen one before. They look fab!