Shedding like crazy! Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by M.C.M., Sep 6, 2017.

1. M.C.M.

M.C.M. New Member

Name:
    Charley-girl

Shedding like crazy!

Do frenchies usually shed a lot? I rescued Charley in February, she was an abuse case. Very malnourished, tick and flea infested. Her coat was dry and very sun faded. She shed her old coat and grew back a lovely shiny blue brindle coat with proper nuitrition. Now it's September and she is still on her nutritious diet but starting to shed again. Have never had this breed before and not sure if this is normal. I do brush her daily (she loves it) but she still is shedding quite a bit.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    M.C.M. likes this.
    I've only had Mr Bronson since Thursday last week and he hasn't shed anything yet, but I think they shouldn't really losee a lot generally.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    M.C.M. likes this.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    M.C.M. likes this.
    A different breed but both are smooth coated
    When I got Eddie the Beagle I was pleased to find that he didn't seem to moult too badly - a shed in the Spring, and maybe a little fine hair on your clothes, but not enough to be a nuisance around the house.
    Merry is quite different, you could groom her all day and there would still be hair coming away. I don't know how she isn't bald. There is no distinct moult, just a continual growing and losing. The vacuum is always full. I suspect that it's all in the genes.