staffy pup Behaviour

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by katie134, Feb 14, 2016.

1. katie134

katie134 New Member

Name:
    katie

staffy pup

Hi I was on here about a month ago about my staffie blue being attacked by two other dogs , anyways I've been bringing him back round the park and been trying my hardest to socalize him with a variety of dogs . We have also been letting him off the lead in the middle of the park to focus on his recall , however he can be very bouncy with other dogs and jumps all over them which a lot of them don't like which end's up with them growling which blue don't seem to understand and he will still go back to play he tends to jump on there back or jumps over them . Today I brought blue for his walk and I put him into the enclosed dog area where a little dog and a poodle came into play , blue was playing very well with the poodle however everytime he kept running past the little dog it kept trying to bite blue but blue wasn't very bothered , after about 5 minutes I think blue either jumped on the little dog or the other dog blue was playing with pushed him into him , I don't think the little dog liked it and he bit blue and was really growling blue was growling a lot too and it seemed aggressive me and my mum immediately got blue off . blue had the dog ears in his mouth and the little dog bite blue chin as there were two teeth marks , the little dog was not bleeding as far as we know as we checked him over and really apologised to the owner blue has never growled or bit another dog and I'm not sure if this is a reaction to the dog biting him . Blue continued to growl at the other dog after the incident and I firmly told him no , he was absolutely fine with the poodle and has played with lots of dogs and never showed any signs of aggression . I just really need advice to stop blue jumping on dogs , especially little dogs because it's scaring me that his gonna hurt them without knowing . how he reacted today has concerned me as it seemed so aggressive I know his been bit but he also had the dogs ear so I just wanna put my mind at rest as his been attacked and I really would not like him being that way with dogs . usually when dogs play with him too rough he can be very submissive so I find it very weird for him to retaliate , some advice would be very good thank you x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. OxbullTerrier

OxbullTerrier New Member

Name:
    Mark
    Hey Katie all sounds pretty standard Staffie Puppy stuff,He won’t bother with little dog cos no threat/having too much fun bounding around... little dogs get my goat owners think ok cos little but should be correcting dog wen snarling all time,Dogs have to learn something’s from other dogs like etiquette only get that from other dogsExpect him pick up few snarls nips along the way it’s how they learn acceptable or not...Don’t worry bout mouthful ear little dog obviously PEd him off by then jus letting it know,Brlive me if he got aggressive little dog be dead...Just pick up shake like toy...He jus letting dog no he not submit to it cos snarling at him...Jus little peckin order thing goin on...My Bitch usually sit on head...Good luck&dont appologise for Blu other dog anti social his owner shud sorry to you x
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Mark - this thread is 2½ years old and the OP has not been on Breedia since November 2016.

It is obvious that you are interested in the breed but you are responding to threads that are at least a year old. Maybe it might be better if you check the dates of posts before responding? :)

However, welcome to Breedia from Tikva and me.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I occasionally wonder how Katie is getting on with Blue's skin allergies.
    Do let us know @katie134, if you are still out there.