The macolet was broken into during the night. General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

The macolet was broken into during the night.

The macolet is diagonally across the road from me - 50 metres I reckon.

When Hai took over the lease and had everything re-built inside, he also had three electronically louvred raised/lowered steel doors outside so he could keep various things outside the main store, but still secured and rain-proof under the outside concrete roof.

And at around 3am the centre steel louvered door was somehow half raised, the lower metre was still fixed but the upper part raised, leaving a gap to climb in and out. And then they, whoever they were, somehow got into the two solid steel doors into the macolet itself. A outer louvers and both steel doors being well locked and padlocked.

So - I did not hear the alarms because somehow they had been shut off. Nor did I hear the louvered door being raised [how?]. Neither did Tikva hear anything but Pereg would have. Pereg would have heard a car/van during the night when the gates are closed, but the assumption is that whoever it was came through the tractor path from the main road through to immediately opposite the macolet.

I assume Hai had full insurance [thousands of shekalim worth of stuff stolen] and now everything is fixed and the macolet is open. But it is 1.55pm and the macolet is usually open at 6am. And no deliveries have been here.

Pereg would have heard everything. Tikva was fast azonk, and I had been up as I need to go for a pee.

It is frightening to think that the macolet, which is - was - thought to be so secure, can be burgled as it was. And I did not hear a thing?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Unsettling isn't it? The thought that nothing is quite as safe as you thought it was.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know that ganavim can come through the tractor paths from the main roads. My then next door neighbor went in through their back windows a while back, which is why I got Nir to build and fix bars across all my windows except for the front window in my bedroom, and my salon. The only two windows that do not have bars but are my monely
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sorry - the post has done a whoopsie and I cannot correct it.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The only windows in my bungalow which do not have bars are the one in the front of my bedroom [the side and back ones having bars] - and the one in the salon. Both are in the front and both have full outside lights covering them. They are both my only emergency excess from my home so I reckon my home is secure. At least I hope it is because it is easily accessible from the back through the tractor paths.

I still cannot understand how the alarms were closed off - Hai always checked them when he locks up each evening. And how could a section of the central louvred frame leave a gap in the middle of it?
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    What a shock for you.
    I hope you sleep tonight, it must be so unnerving. There are some very naughty people out there, but, what we have to remember is there are a lot more nicer ones
    Take care xx
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    My neighbour had been broken into from one of her back windows - which was when I telephoned Nir and he measured up, made, and fitted all the bars on my windows. I also had new windows, including screens and trissim as the original ones could be so easily opened.

Ganavim can get onto the Moshav via any of a number of tractor paths from the main roads surrounding it - cars get stolen at times - but then apartments get broken into in town, and a lot more cars are stolen. At least the gates are closed here so unless the ganavim [thieves] know where the tractor paths go [no lighting in the fields] it does not happen too often. And in the 22-23 years I have lived on the Moshav this is the first time the macolet has been done - and it is a lot more secure now since Hai had it all done up when he took over the lease so how it was done... and even though I still wake at strange noises [still on seizure watch] although Pereg would have heard it, I did not hear a thing. Neither did Tikva, and yet it wakes me if she moved in her crate.

Anyhow, as only my bedroom front window and my salon windows are not barred - both in the front and both well lit up at night, I am not the slightest bit worried, and in the summer I can leave all windows open day and night whether I am home or not.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    One of these days I will remember the correct English words for things! When I talked about my windows being barred, I meant they have strong decorative steel frames across and around them, fixed firmly on the walls around the windows. Not bars as such. They cannot be opened from the inside and would be impossible to rip off from the outside.