Tikki Tikva had her yearly booster today Health

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Tikki Tikva had her yearly booster today

I know some people do not agree with that but then they do not live where too many people do not care..

So Ram [my wonderful Vet] came round to stick a needle in her and she was going oh oh oh oh Ram I love you. That dog is a FLIRT.

Maybe she has forgotten she will need another three monthly Parkworm shot soon?

Better not tell her she will need a rabies shot in another four weeks then...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Just thinking - how many people have such wonderful Vets who make call outs even just for a regular shot? And how many are as lucky to have a fur person like Tikva who just loves her vets?
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mine come out without a problem. When Sam was old and had problems with walking (never mind getting in the car), we had a lovely vet who came whenever I called. The charge was £50 plus any meds we needed.

Living in a place where a lot of folk from all over the country come for holidays with their dogs, I err on the side of safety and Rosie has yearly boosters too.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Poor little Tikva has to have yearly boosters, a yearly rabies shot four weeks later [Vadim, our local authority vet gives those and has never charged me] - and since the Parkworm wotsit has reached this area, Ram comes to give her the shot for that, every three months.

Quite funny as she has to be weighed for that one, so Ram holds her, weighs them both, puts her down to weigh himself [he is a big guy!] and does the arithmetic. The scales are always put on the same floor tile in my ensuite so the figures should always be accurate.

I do not know how much he charges for the call out but it is probably around what a taxi would charge to take us to the surgery and then back home. But a heck of a lot easier! I just hand over my card, he calls the surgery and his nurse does the necessary.

But I finally asked him why he was wearing his scrubs when he came to give Pereg peace - I think it was around 1am on 1 April 2015. And you know what? I do not remember if he told me why!
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    I have never had a dog that disliked being treated by a vet. I once left Megan Cavalier for a dental, and when I went to pick her up she was following the nurse around, tail wagging, and 'helping' to take care of the other in-patients. I do think you select for temperament with a show line though, and their subsequent ring training reinforces this.
    Have to admit though, the Beagles are very vocal inpatients - I soon get called to collect them!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Innocence like this.
    Lexi had to have two dentals and although I was not allowed to stay while she was spayed I sat in while she had the dentals. One was just cleaning, the second was nasty as she had to have ten extractions. Not my fault as I brushed her teeth every other day but she was born with a tendency to bad teeth - dog mother kept outside and fed on scraps and puppies weaned on stale bread soaked in water and a tiny bit of milk.

They would not let me stay with either Pereg or Tikva when they were spayed but like Lexi, both were brought home as soon as they were OK and had been out and pee'd.

I never had to brush Pereg's teeth after I changed her onto raw food and although I did about once a week before then, and of course Tikva has only had raw since I weaned her off the bottle.

Her primary vet, Michal, adored her but she left the clinic for more studies I think, and so Ram took over. The first time Tikki saw him she took a flying leap over what used to be the gate by the salon doorway but since then it is lovey lovey lovey all the time. She now recognises his car and sits waiting for him to come in!

Mind you she has to wait for her cuddle until I have had mine!