Want to help with the profiles? Info

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Azz, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Want to help with the profiles?

Some of the profiles are currently blank, and I know some of you are keen to see your breeds profiles up, so, if you like, you can help out with the stats for the right hand side of the main profiles :)

As this is statistical info (can usually be found on the breed standard or from the breed club or registry) it will be fine to copy and paste.

No pressure tho - I am sure we'll get around to it at some point.

Here's the info needed:

Groups
    AKC Group
    ANKC Group
    CKC Group
    FCI Group
    IKC Group
    KC Group
    KUSA Group
    NZKC Group

Size (Small/Med/Large)
    Grooming (easy/moderate/considerable)

Height
    Dogs: in cm
    Bitches: in cm

Weight
    Dogs: in kg
    Bitches: in kg

Coat - sentence
    Colour - sentence
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Azz likes this.
    Chodsky pes

Here's the info needed:

Groups
    AKC Group
    ANKC Group
    CKC Group
    FCI Group
    After international recognition: group 1 - Sheepdogs, herding dogs and hunting dogs, excepting Swiss alpine dogs.
    With working test
    IKC Group
    KC Group
    KUSA Group
    NZKC Group

Size Med
    Grooming moderate

Height
    Dogs: 52 to 55 cm
    Bitches: 49 to 52 cm
    The maximum variation tolerated is + - 2 cm.

Weight
    Dogs: 21-25 kg
    Bitches: 18-22 kg

Coat - Apart from the facial parts of the head, the tips of the earlobes and the front of both pairs of limbs, where the coat is short and smooth, the body is covered by a glossy, long, thick, coarser coat. The length is between 5 and 12 cm. It should be straight or lightly wavy, on the neck and chest slightly open, otherwise lying flat. The well-developed underhair is shorter and softer. The earlobes are richly covered in hair. Brushes form at the base and along the edges. The coat is particularly long on the neck, backbone and also on the backs of the thighs and insteps, where it is slightly wavy. The tail is thickly covered in hair and has long, slightly wavy hair on the underside.
    Colour - Black to gunmetal with vivid yellow black-and-tan markings. The more vivid the markings, the better. Coat colours other than black are not permissible.
    The markings are:
    - on the edge of and inside the ear
    - above the eyes
    - on the cheeks, where they smoothly blend into the throat, which forms a characteristic crescent shape
    - on the thorax, while the thoracic marks are separate from the markings on the throat
    - on the pelvic limbs, on the inner and rear sides of the thighs and from the toes up to the hocks
    - on the thoracic limbs to the carpal joint
    - around the anal orifice
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Thanks Pam - I will try to get this up tonight, if I don't, please feel free to remind me :D
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  6. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Maybe put 'Coat Colour Black only with vivid yellow to red markings'
    Coat : shorten to 'Apart from the facial parts of the head, the tips of the earlobes and the front of both pairs of limbs, where the coat is short and smooth, the body is covered by a glossy, long, thick, coarser coat.'
    Lifespan 14-15 years
    Nature - A lively dog with fast, although not rash reactions. Slightly docile, attentive, easy to control, amenable. It is modest, undemanding and tenacious. It is remarkably affectionate with small children and makes a lovely member of the family. It is fearless, has strong nerves and is exceptionally vigilant. It has a superb sense of smell and strong prey drive.
  7. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Done :D

Added to herding, new, and pure types too.

I wasn't able to add info about nature tho, as the written profile area of each breed can only be added together (as currently the profile is marked as 'partially complete' - and removing that will throw an error if only one of the headings is complete).

Which of the photos shall we add? ;)
  8. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Azz likes this.
    I will ask people see if we can get dogs participating in SAR, SchH, frisbee etc
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Excellent, thanks! :)
  10. duRM

duRM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I dont know if you have the Beauceron but in case you dont ....

GroupsAKC Group
    ANKC Group
    CKC Group
    FCI Group - Group 1
    IKC Group - Group 1
    KC Group - (if that's the UK) - Import register Working group until 01/07/2014
    After the 01/07/2014 they come off the Import Register and will be moved to the Pastoral Group (news received from the UK Kennel Club this week)
    KUSA Group
    NZKC Group

Size (Small/Med/Large) Large
    Grooming (easy/moderate/considerable) Easy

Height
    Dogs: in cm : 65 to 70 cm
    Bitches: in cm : 61 to 67cm

Weight
    Dogs: in kg 40 to 50
    Bitches: in kg 30 to 40

Coat - Smooth on the head, short, thick, firm and lying close to the body, 3 to 4 cm in length. The buttocks and the underside of the tail are lightly but obligatorily fringed. The undercoat is short, fine, dense and downy, preferably mouse grey, very close, and can't be seen through the top coat.
    Colour - Black with tan markings : "red stockings". The black is pure black and the tan, red squirrel coloured
    - Harlequin (blue-mottled with tan markings) : grey, black and tan, the coat being black and grey in equal parts, the spots well distributed, with sometimes a predominance of black.
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Yep we do :)

http://www.breedia.com/dogs/beauceron
  12. duRM

duRM New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Then dont forget after the 01/07/2014 to update the group in the UKKC

"After the 01/07/2014 they come off the Import Register and will be moved to the Pastoral Group (news received from the UK Kennel Club this week) ";)
  13. duRM

duRM New Member

Name:
    Kate
  14. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Please remind me closer the time in case I forget - I got a head like a sieve :blush:

Can you post that in the breed section too please? We will be adding a directory for breed clubs and societies so that will be handy :D