What do you feed your greyhound? Diet

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by EmmiS, Feb 6, 2012.

1. EmmiS

EmmiS New Member

Name:
    Emma Louise

What do you feed your greyhound?

just wondering what you feed yours? There was a post about when, but wondering what? and why you chose to do that :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    I feed Guinness CSJ Natural Champ. he looks really well on it, loves it, has no wind and his poos are good. He also gets a spoonful of Butchers Tripe mixed in.
    I feed it mainly because we stock it in the shop so it's easy, but also I've noticed their coats are lovely on it. All of mine bar Coco are on it and doing well.:mrgreen:
  4. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Mine are fed Burgess Supadog sensitive and for breakfast they have quarter of a tray of naturediet mixed in each. For dinner they have half a block ofprize choice pet mince added or if I have done a chicken for us I strip the carcass and they have some of that mixed in.
    They seem to do really well on it and it suits their tummies and keeps them in good body condition with an amazing shine to their coats.

[​IMG]
  5. kazer

kazer New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Ours have Arden Grange Lamb and Rice and since they went on it about 18 months ago, Robbie's poos have been firmer and Lady doesn't seem to do as much. Sorry if too much info.

Rob can have a funny stomach if the wind changes direction, but since he's been on this, he's been so much better. They used to be on Burgess Supadog which was a lot cheaper, but then he could have a funny stomach every few weeks, when I would need to starve him for 24 hours and then give him coley for a few meals, until back to normal. I very rarely need to do this now so Arden Grange must agree with him.
  6. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Mine have AG lamb and rice too, best food they've been on i think, lovely shiney coats and no too much output ! one of mine is very sensitive and shes fine on this
  7. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
  8. kazer

kazer New Member

Name:
    Karen
  9. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    Paddy and Pippa have plain and simple Wagg - the protein is a little higher than I wanted but it's the only thing that seems to settle well with them.
    They have a 1/4 tin of dog meat mixed in with each meal.
    And we usually cook extra veg to mix in.
  10. NexivRed

NexivRed New Member

Name:
    Jen
    I adopted my greyhound nearly two months ago and for the last few weeks have been feeding him raw meat, bone and offal. It's working out a lot cheaper, his teeth seem better, and his "output" has changed from three, huge, piles of yellow god-knows-what to one lot of firmish pellets that almost disintegrate into dust and are almost odorless a day.
    I think it's doing his insides the world of good and have also changed my cats over too.
  11. polly7

polly7 New Member

Name:
    pauline
    i feed my two greys on mainly barf but they also have holistic kibble with some pilchards in tomato sauce a couple of times a week and some cooked rice & liver a couple of times also.
    the kibble i use is usually either skinners salmon & rice or something similar
  12. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Polly 7!!! Would you happen to be Pauline...who has Lily and Rusty?!! It's Zoemac here!! :)