Wolf Hybrids on the Lion Man General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by werewolf, Dec 17, 2009.

1. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Appologies, didn't see that one.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    This is about the crippling effects on the Cats at Zion through declawing.

http://zoonewsdigest.blogspot.com/2009/11/wouldnt-it-be-nice-if-craig-busch-fans.html

Its been confirmed that Zion Wildlife Gardens will face prosecution for the death of the keeper, and the main focus is safety and security of the park, its animals and the staff.

Some rehoming may occur but as Craig Busch has absolutely NO interest in conserving a species, he bred different sub species to different sub species, thus producing hybrids and mutants solely for the purposes of monetary gain. This being the case none of these Cat will ever be accepted into any breeding program anywhere in the world. It doesnt stop Zoos from housing the Cats, but as most Zoos across the world will NOT purposely produce white Tigers as they serve no conservational purpose, this may be difficult at best. Most Zoos will want only pure Tigers with documented heritage.
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Thank you for that, I've been called cruel before for saying that I don't see why people are trying to breed the whites and almost ignoring the normal tigers, when the whites wouldn't survive, I've also had at least someone cares about them :roll:
  5. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Your welcome, I'm beginning to find out, that there quite a number of people that feel the same way. Imo, a white tiger in a zoo enclosure, is just one less space, for a more geneticly important individual, and when you are dealing with trying to save a species, that is what should count, not what looks pretty. Jmo, but the white tiger just doesn't do it for me, the red/orange, look far more stunning.
  6. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I just think that it is a lot more for people's benefit seeing a white tiger, then it is for the tiger's benefit as a species, and have felt this way for a while now, mind you I have also felt this way about Craig Busch for a while too, I remember getting told when I started college (ok it was only a couple of years ago lol) that my feelings of hate came across strong, but I don't see how he is trying to do his bit for conservation, his bit to make money from the animals and TV maybe, and I still think that when I was watching it instead of getting new animals he should of improved his exsisting animals cages first, although I don't know if he has now, as I just don't watch him. Him taking the cubs away from the mothers to hand raise them really annoyed me aswell.

I have to admit though something that he said stood out for me, and this is going back to white tigers, I remember him saying that he spent about 7 years looking for three unreleated animals for 'his park', and even then I was thinking well if it takes you that long to find three unreleated ones, isn't that telling you something?

Also if a dog breeder (well this is a dog forum) was breeding to get unuasal colours we'd all be up in arms about it, but he and others can do it with tigers and people don't even blink about it, its just ok to them.

Anyway rant over.
  7. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Totally agree. Thank god he's been removed from the park now, and am hoping he doesn't just go and set up shop elsewhere.

There are a few other things he's said/done that have stood out to me also.

1. In one episode, he takes about a month old cubs without their mother, on a trip to show them off at a petshop.

2. In the same episode, at thesame location, he rides around on a adult lions back, verry cool eh. He also comments on how the white lion is the rarest species of lion, when it is infact a colour mutation within a species.

3. In the same episode again, I think, he made a comment about a tiger and lioness sharing a cage, saying that the lioness, was the tiger's girlfriend, was he trying to breed ligers to I wonder.

All that, and just from one episode.

Him breeding white tigers, in the name of conservation, would be like me breeding snow corn snakes, and saying it was for the conservation of the species, it would be a complete lie. Or as you said, breeding a specific colour of dog, with no other thought, and saying it was for the betterment of the breed. If someone did that, there'd be hell on, but cos its white tigers, thats ok, cos they look pretty.

Oh, I could go on all day.:lol:
  8. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I could go on all day too, I can't really put into words how much I hate him, and the things you say from one episode, :evil: why do people ever stand up for him, and why did they, I'm sorry but they must be blind, maybe they just see that the animals are pretty, and he's on TV, so he must be the best otherwise they would film someone else :roll: but him taking cubs away from their mother really irks me, who does he think he is, and how is that benefiting the cubs, and even their mother too, I just can't see it at all!!

Isn't it great when he doesn't even know about white lions, but is spouting it off and I'm sure that people will believe him too, God sometimes I think that it would be better if there was no animal 'trainers' or experts allowed on telly at all, at least it will save people from being sucked in as to whats really good for the animals.

And WTH did he have a tiger and a Lioness in the same cage, how dangerous is that for both cats, let me guess, he had run out of his crappy cages, or maybe it was a 'good' idea for telly to have the two together, and if he is going into the idea of breeding them hybrid things, well that will just make him even lower IMO as I can't really think of anything worse, actually I'm surprised that he never breed and Ligers in the name of 'conservation', as it seems the things that he would do.

Can anyone guess how I feel about him yet :mrgreen:
  9. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Taken from a news report.

I'm guessing you feel the same way I do about him.