Information wanted on Eurasiers Discussions

Discussion in 'Eurasier' started by DevilDogz, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz

Information wanted on Eurasiers

I saw a couple of pictures of Eurasiers, Does anyone know much about them? Must say i was quite taken by them, they are beautiful beautiful dogs! :mrgreen:

I had a quick look into them and found that the breeder started his breeding programme in 1960, and that they consist of the chow-chow and Keeshond, although abit of Samoyed was added in later on for new blood.
    Unlike a few 'breeds' that are not establised, this cross seems to have a set type/look about them.

Im going to do abit of research into the founder of the breed and see what else i can learn, (love learning me) :mrgreen: I hadnt heard of these dogs until all of 30mins ago! So anyone that knows anything about them, please share!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Now I'm interested....off to google!
  4. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Gorgeous!!! They sound very like the chow in temperament though, so I probably wouldn't have one.
  5. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    One lives by me, very independant, terrible recall, but seems friendly. There is also one at our ringcraft, she is nervous aggressive, will bite if given the chance.
  7. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    Hi

There have been a few threads about them. Take a look here:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=95523

They're on the Import Register, Utility group. Growing very fast in popularity - TOO fast in my view. About 530 in the UK now.

Val
  8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    so they can be KC registered??
    Dawn, they dont sound like nice examples :?

Val your baby is beautiful :mrgreen:
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The one at ringcraft certainly came from a "top" person, and is owned by people with Akita's, so not novices. The one that lives by me seems friendly, but "chow like " in behaviour.
  10. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    Thanks DevilDogz!

Yes, they can be KC registered. (I guess this thread should be under Utility but I don't know how to make that happen!)

As they're quite a new breed you do get variations. Some are quite reserved - though they shouldn't be nervous. Mine is friendly, extrovert and a big softy!

Here are a couple of recent pics.

Val

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    How long do you spend on that coat .:lol: ...stunning colour btw..
  12. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    Not as long as I probably should!

Val
  13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    aw gorgeous pictures, So they can be KC registered then..its just that their is no breed classes for them? or is there? LOL
    sorry to be a pain
  14. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    Not a pain at all!

They can enter Import Register classes along with other breeds on the IR. So you get BOB or BIR or whatever, but then that's it, you can't go on into the Group.

Val
  15. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    oh Thanks Val, thats been a great help :D
    Is there many breeders over in the UK of them? My mum was speaking with one of her old school friends a few nights ago and she is due her first litter :?
    (Thats what got me looking into them, after i saw pictures of her 3) :mrgreen:
  16. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    You're not in the UK?

Yes there are LOADS of breeders here now - I hope your mum's friend is one of the more ethical ones! Oh, now I want to ask who she is but you might not care to tell me!!

Val
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    I am in the UK :mrgreen:
    Is there really that many, I wouldnt mind telling you who she was, you could give me a clue as to what type of breeder she was :mrgreen: although i do not think its fair that i do it on the public forum..so i shall wait until you have made 20posts, then i will private message you :)
  18. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    OK, so now I need a few more people saying they like the pics of Louis so I can write back and say thank you! Or you could ask me some more questions . . . or we could just chat about the weather . . .
  19. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    haha ermm ok, what health issues can the breed suffer from?

Any set health tests that should be done :mrgreen:

There is lots of threads on here, go take a look! :mrgreen:
  20. Valdf

Valdf New Member

Name:
    Val
    No major health issues, though there does seem to be a higher than average incidence of thyroid problems emerging. Health tests before breeding: screening of hips, elbows, patellas and eyes all recommended. Also a basic thyroid test, with a full panel recommended if there are problems anywhere in either dog's lines.

Had a look at other threads but none as interesting as this one ;-)
  21. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    ahh thats good, atleast there are tests being recommended!!