XXL pitbulls..?? Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Murf, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Terrell and KBMack76 like this.

XXL pitbulls..??

What are peoples opinions on the xl pitbull that seem to be all the rage in the states ,,
    And I dont think they would come under the pit standard the police use ..lol
    Not sure what breeds were used to add the bulk...
    Some examples i found on line...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Dont like the cropped ears!
  4. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Elifox likes this.
    I don't like the cropped ears either have no idea what the cross is some sort of mastiff? but these guys are BIG. I like mastiff type dogs and their crosses and some of these are no different although I have to wonder why the breeding and crossing why would you want an XL pittie :-(
    But am sure in good hands they could be decent dogs (crosses)
  5. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    me neither! ... i like pits but imo these are ugly!! they look very BB in their chest(or ddb with stumpy legs)

and that male dogs willy must get 'chaffed' :shock: :blush: lol
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    You should see the chests on the some of the pups...
  7. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    When I see the humongous ones, I always think of this video...

I def prefer the moderate, fit slim dogs, I really don't like the dogs that look like the ones you've posted, their probably nice dogs, but not my type of dog, and I don't think that there bred for anything other then to look harder either IMHO.
  8. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    I thought BB especially the top 2 pics though I have still to meet a BB in the flesh. :001:
  9. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    They don't look very fit an agile to me :/
  10. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Their prolly as fit and agile as I am :lol:, and thats not a compliment!
  11. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    I personally loooove pittys, especially th ones with long legs :007: but these ones remind me of those cows with over exaggerated muscles. Blurgh!
  12. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Do you mean the Belgain Blues teflon?
  13. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    Don't like them at all. From what I've seen of the websites advertising this type of pit bull they're breeding mostly for big heads, huge size and colour. Some of them are advertising pit bulls weighing over 100lbs!
  14. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Just googled and yes! Well done for knowing from my vague discription!! :)
  15. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Did a bit on selective breeding at college, and for part of that I did some research on them for a assignment ;) but they do stick out in the bovine world you have to say!
  16. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I just hope that for the dogs sake that they don't concentrate so much on a big head so that it leads to too many dogs needing c-sections as the dog isn't in balance and can't give birth on its own, I also hope that they don't end up getting having the risk of heart attacks during copulation because of their bulk and the way their built, we already have at least one breed that suffers them problems, and we shouldn't be heading that way with another. Pitbulls should be fit and strong, able to weight pull heavy amounts, should be agile, and able to jump far easily and efficantly, and they should be able to travel at a decent speed easily, as they are still 'terriers' they should be therefore able to be fast enough and agile, and should be able to do all this without extra bone, head and body impacting on any of it. I'm sorry but I really think that its a shame when people get it into their heads that dogs look better this way or that, and everything else goes out the window, or takes a back seat including health, but where in the (grisly) history of the pit bull would looking like a hippo benefit them? All that body and weight would put them at such a disadvantage in thd ring, a more agile dog would be able to move about more quicklh, and they are 'bull terriers for a reason, and although we don't want dogs killing each other, or showing their game by approaching the line first towards the other dog, for our enjoyment (well the decent people anyway) why do we want a totally different dog, that seems all bull and no terrier, when the clues in the title, it should posses qualitys from both. Rant over.
  17. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    If I remember rightly, there's a few cattle breeds like that (all Continental/foreign) and they have some kind of a 'double muscle' gene.

Now I believe that a similar gene has been found in Whippets, where they are known as "bully" Whippets. Perhaps the gene has re-mutated in bull-breed dogs (or brought in from the whippets) and that's been bred into these?

Or are they on steroids? I wouldn't put it past some people.
  18. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Did you ever see Wendy the bully whippet? From some of the little bits of info that I've read it can help whippets when racing, but poor Wendy looked like she was on steriods. Mind you wasn't there someone on here once who wanted to give his bully 'muscle milk' and was some sort of body builder himself? I do know that there are some products on the market designed to promote muscle development, 'muscle dog' stands out, and although I can understand this being used for recovering dogs if they need it, but its also said that it can be used for show dogs, which I think is unneccasary, there are better ways of improving the look and condition of fit dogs, but I too wouldn't be surprised if there are idiots feeding dogs whatever they can to make their dogs bigger and 'better', but I would hate to know the effects on dogs whose given artifical stimulants to force their muscles to be bigger then normal, espcially if this was done during the dog was still developing.
  19. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
  20. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    chaz..i know muscle dog very well...it wouldnt do that i promise u :lol:(its only purified rice bran oil)

for rehab with exercise its brill tho :)
  21. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    yuk!!..i think its head disturbs me the most though :lol: