XXL pitbulls..?? Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Murf, Oct 16, 2011.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Don't worry I know it wouldn't do that, I just don't understand why a fit and healthy dog would need something like that, and haven't been able to incoraprate it into any other rants yet ;) :lol:, I don't know whats in it, and although a ill dog whose lossed condition is one thing, I don't see why people would put a healthy dog on anything other the exercise to build up muscles ;).
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    its about 'body condition'... but on the same token...why do people give coat conditioners or any other supplement ?

or tread mills, etc ;-)
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Lol at treadmills, I remember watching the EBT trying to get on a manual treadmill from the opposite end of where your meant to coz he wanted a sleep, why on a treadmill don't ask, and he didn't seem to understand why everytime he moved his feet the whole thing moved, and in typical bully stubborness he had to do his best to beat it :lol:, prolly mean, but I didn't stop him, I wanted to see where it would end! And idk, unless its in their food my dogs don't get anything (poor negleted hounds missing out on their additives ;)) but I do think that certain things that can be added to food, or certain things you can buy for dogs allow for laziness on the owners part, and that it would be better for both if the owner had to get the result they wanted in other ways, unless for medical reasons.
  5. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Don't like appearance of this dog :shock:
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    the jodie marsh of the dog world .lol
  7. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    they look like a completely different breed to the APBT

I dont like them. I'm sure they may have great characters but for me they look the very opposite to athletic, which just does not appeal to me.

There are already breeds with big heads etc so I would also question the reasons behind the breeding/breeders...
  8. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    It goes to show you can cross any types of dog and give it a slighly different name and people are gullible enough to believe it.

I am not saying people on here are gullible but these types of dogs have been on the internet in the states for years so someone must be buying and breeding them.

They don't look anything like a pitbull to me.
  9. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    have to say, I have seen 'blue staffies' that look a bit closer to that than a staff
  10. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Shudder :shock:
  11. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I know and the ONLY ones I have seen like that are blue, so something is going on....and its seemingly acceptable:shock: :-( yet people have had staffX's taken off them....I dont get it tbh and I think that the whole 'pit bull type' DDA etc etc puts me off owning a bull breed....and the 'breeding' that seems to be going on, the difference in 'types' of staffs I see.....
  12. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    I am with you Layla - not keen at all on any of it but the head somehow reminds me of a great white shark (not that I am against great white sharks - i amn't but not when crossed with a dog!)
  13. Dobermann

Dobermann New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    I might be wrong but even looking at them makes me think, they are not the picture of health youd want to see in an 'athletic breed'.:-(
  14. DoKhyi

DoKhyi New Member

Name:
    DoKhyi
    I think they are grotesque and not pitbulls. A pitbull should be around 18 to 20 inches to the shoulder, weigh in around 40 pounds and be an agile dog, not a crumping thing that looks like a bodybuilder on steroids. Those look more like bad examples of presa canario. Some of the pitbulls bred in America bear little resemblance to what the breed is supposed to look like all for some people's vanity and wish to get a strain of pitbull named after them. I've seen some that look like crabs they are so short and wide and some the size of mastiffs.
  15. Snoringbear

Snoringbear New Member

Name:
    Simon
    Dont like these at all. They're called an "American Bully" and have their own breed clubs http://theabkcdogs.org/
    Generally referred to by true athletic pitbull afficianados as hippopotamus dogs, low riders and blue whales.
  16. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    I feel sorry for these dogs. They just do not look healthy to me.
    It just looks like they would suffer from joint problems. They just don't look right if you know what I mean, plus I don't like the cropped ears at all.
    I know nothing about any of the bully breeds so couldn't comment any further but I just cannot see the reason behind creating this as a breed standard.
  17. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Just to say though the whippet is all whippet, she just has double muscle which some people say can help with running, but instead of looking a bit more muscely then fit Whippets poor old Wendy went very extreme, but it just goes to show what can happen when people concentrate so much on one thing, and breed too much for what they see as a 'benefit' to the breed or dog, it means that unsurprisingly things can and do wrong, and its the dog who is left to deal with the consqeunces of the breeders actions, but sadly things like this never get lernt from, Wendy has lots of muscle, and its prolly not too healthy for her, some dogs are bred for big heads, weight, long backs, short muzzles, or general size, and people seem to keep breeding for these things, not seeming to realise or care how they are affecting the anotomy, and then wonder why things go wrong, why the dogs suffer, and have to try and back paddle to get it right for future dogs, even though looking at different dog breeds it can be seen, and there are breeders trying to breed back to less extreme, or the breeds origin, which can look like a totally different dog. I've heard though that the definition of crazy/madness is doing the same thing over again expecting different results, so with that in mind can we really say that breeders who keep trying to breed for a extreme charatisic are not mad or crazy, and the only sane ones are the ones breeding more moderate examples? Coz although they may not have tried it before, others have, and there aren't really many examples of a exetreme charatistic which has done much good to the dog who lives with it.
  18. missy01

missy01 New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    they look the the pit bull from the first Hulk movie....
  19. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    The second type dog looks like a skinny grotesque prehistoric dog. The head is odd, Looks too small for the body, however that may be the angle of the photo. Might be interesting to see one face on, or perhaps not :)
  20. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The whippet?
  21. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    I hate the cropped ears too.

I must say that whenever I see that sort of dog I always think "That bloke must have a really small d1ck"