Top 10 most expensive dog breeds General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Bulldogs4Life, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee

Top 10 most expensive dog breeds

It's supposed to say most not Mozart, got love my tablet

http://www.popsugar.com/pets/10-Most-Expensive-Dog-Breeds-14968397?slide=0

Tibetan Mastiff
    Akita
    LowChen
    Rottweiler
    Samoyed
    King Charles Spaniel
    Canadian Eskimo Dog
    English Bulldog
    Azawahk
    Pharaoh Hound

Can't say that is really accurate. I know there was a TM that sold for an extreme amount of money but some the others seemed to be picked at random. Like there are a lot of breeds that go for the same prices for various reasons.

Boerboel $1,200-4,000 for pups
    Dobermans 1,800-4000 for pups more for trained adults
    GSDs 1,500-4,000 for pups more for trained adults
    American Bullies 1,500-15,000 for pups, adult for 48,000
    Cane Corso 1,200-5,000 puppy price
    Belgian Malinois 1,200-4,000 trained adults much more
    Rhodesian Ridgeback $1,500-3,000 for pups
    French Bulldog 2,000-10,000 for pups

When protection and the like dogs are trained and sold for 20-50k you are in fact paying more for the training than the actual dog themselves (and I've seen them come fully health tested to so that cost as well) but it's still 20, 30, 50k selling price.

I know there are probably lots of other breeds I didn't mention and which are not on the top 10 list either.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I paid US$1,300 for Gwylim my Miniature Schnauzer. His breeder normally asks US$ 1,700 for a puppy, but as Gwylim was 9 months old and I'd been recommended by a good friend of his, and also lived locally, he gave me a special price..
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Doesn't seem very accurate to me either :lol:
  5. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Azz would you be able to correct the title?
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I already have ;) :lol:
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    OK thanks I see it now. It had still shown as Mozart on my end lol
  8. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    The problem is you can buy an "pedigree" puppy off a puppy farmer or BYB for just £150 & a lot of people don't really care where the puppy as come from as long as they think they are getting a bargain.
    Todays free paper :
    Pedigree Rottweiler puppies bitches £200 males £175
    Pedigree Staffy puppies bitches £175 males £150
    Pedigree GSD puppies bitches £200 males £175
    All 3 adverts have same mobile number.
    There should be a set price guide when it comes selling puppies.
  9. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Well yes if I look in the paper I can see cheap dogs from mills or bybs. Especially around this area but this is talking of the most expensive prices. Some are good breeders pricing others are bybs like Am Bully high price even though they are from irresponsible breeders and the same for the higher end French Bulldog breeders you can get one for less from a responsible breeder verses one surg "rare" blue or lilac dogs with extreme type. Usually if you are buying a pup from a responsible breeder it will cost more.
    I can't see having a set price for pups that wouldn't make sense, and why should a byb collect as much as a reputable breeder.
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    A lot depends on the country you live in. In Hungary male puppies are always more expensive than female ones. You'll pay less for a GSD as they're the most popular dogs in the country, than you would for say a JRT which you very rarely see. Puli are also common in the rural areas and don't command a high price. Surprisingly enough, neither do Tibetan Spaniels. I paid US$50 for my pure bred non KC registered puppy from a local reputable breeder. In the States for a pedigree Tibbie you'd pay between US$800 - 1,500.
  11. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    There is no way breeders should be told they should sell a puppy for X amount. People need to be more educated and do their research to support good breeders. It is often the bad breeders who charge the cheapest or most highest prices. One of the French Bulldog breeders (also has English Bulldogs)charge up to 28k USD for their dogs. Simply because people are foolish enough to pay that for extreme type &"rare" color.

It is true geographical location can play a role too. Pits and Labs are 2 of the most popular breeds in the US and can often be found for very cheap, especially by bybs but even reputable breeders might have lower priced dog compared to a Presa Canario or reputable bred French Bulldog which I've still seen in the thousands just not a ridiculous 10-28k
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Back in the 80’s I paid £600 and £500 for my Akitas, got them a bit cheaper as I knew the breeders at a guess today id expect to pay around £1,000 /£1,500

My Gsd’s have varied in price over the years but now id expects to pay roughly between £800 to £1,000
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    There are some breeders that's not a puppy farmer or BYB & they will charge the earth for their puppies.
    A set guide price set up by all of the KC registered clubs (USA Europe so on) this is to include the so called "designer" dogs breeds too, plus there needs to be stricter breeding laws
  14. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Why and how would it work? The US organizations can't mandate price for breeders. Setting guidelines I understand but people still wouldn't have to follow them so they might turn out to be pointless? How do you set a pricing guideline? If you are looking at good breeders not the Mills/bybs I did say that they are usually more but it still varies. I'm not sure how we can make a set price for different breeds and then you have individual bloodlines, pedigree differences, various titles, production record that's going to play a role in a litters price as well as people placing different prices on pups within a litter.
    Since the designer breeds are not registered with kennel clubs they are not going to set prices for them or give a hoot even if they give a guideline on breeds they recognize.
    Here in the US for most places we have breeding laws,however enforcement is an issue. No matter how strict they become they would still need to be enforced and enforcement of some trivial laws can take away funds for important things. Just as the millions wasted on BSL.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Tina set prices would never work, why should unscrupulous breeders who don’t give a dam, get same price for puppies as reputable breeders who health test and breed responsibly.
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Well this is where the problem lies, KC registered pedigree breeders will have to join forces, to come up with a reasonable price guide.
    Here in England the same breed of dog varies from north, south, east, west & midlands, take the lovely Pug prices for pedigree puppies range from £500 right up to £2500 & some times even higher, but as low as £175 from BYB /puppy farmer, but if a realistic price guide was introduced giving a minimum price & maximum price, then it might reduce the amount of BYB's & puppy farmers, specially when they have to provide KC papers up front & have full checkable stud dog paperwork.
  17. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I'm not sure how that would reduce those breeders? It would allow them to sell their pups for the same price as good breeders so seems to their benefit. There are byb with KC papers I'm 100% sure just like US bybs can have registered dogs. I think that's GSDslave's just as mine, byb would be getting the same price in the guideline for poorly bred dogs.

It also only applies to register dogs lots of bybs will breed a dog with no papers or pedigree. So it's not going to stop them. Here in US we have enough government involvement. They are the ones responsible for the puppy mills in the first place and they are the ones licensing them.
  18. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    For my future Azawakh I will be paying around the £1000 mark for the pup (Around $1500) plus importation fees if I have to import from Europe.
  19. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    The TM fad has pretty much died in China, and the high prices where mostly breeder to breeder sales that where just stated at that price, in hopes of raising the prices.

Only way I would see most of it is if your looking at medical cost, feed costs, along with gear costs over a life span.

Think a lot miss that health tested parents and select bred pup to further the breed, may cost 2 or 3 times more upfront, but lowers the chance of spending 10 times or more later in med bills.
  20. lovemybull

lovemybull Member

Name:
    Opheila
    I suppose people will spend whatever for their hearts desire...Me? Meh...the shelters ask for a donation of around $200, sometimes less. For that you're saving a life and they include shots, microchip and spay/neuter.
  21. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Those are good points too lovemybull. I think the main thing is saving a life thougj. Breeders typically give vaccines and many microchip too. Like LMost said going the cheaper route with a breeder might mean paying a lot more later, the same is true with a shelter dog of unknown breeding, no guarantee of health. So I'd think the main benefit would be to save a dog and give them a home that they deserve.