Ziva General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Ziva

Ziva discovered how to bark this morning - it frightened her so she fell over. The gave me The Look saying it was all my fault.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Love it!
    Even more broody now.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    That has cheered me up xxxx
  5. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    I love it when they get that look of wondering where THAT noise came from.
  6. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Malka likes this.
    LMAO.
    Know that doggy pause where they look as if "Who did that."
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Well done Ziva! We can now officially confirm that YOU ARE A DOG and not a fluffy toy! M'boi, my first Shar-Pei didn't bark until she was a year old and it startled me more than her!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I have never had a puppy like this before - squeaks a lot and has now frightened herself by barking. Frightened me when she did again as it was so loud! Now she squeaks which sometimes turn into barks without knowing which noise is going to come out!

She bites fingers, clothes, feet, usually pees on command outside, and knows that food is in the refrigerator so sits by it hopefully when I go into the kitchen. Gets all excited when I take it out and sits waiting for me Knows that I will not put it down until she is sitting so keep saying "sit" and she does. Also knows "move" which means get out of my way! Is learning No but does not always stop what she is doing. She also knows her name. Quite funny really as I am teaching her in English and my neighbour talks to her in Ivrit

This is the first time I have fed raw to a puppy. Both Little One and Pereg started off on puppy kibble, then regular kibble, and I changed Pereg to raw when I learned about it on Dogsey. Ziva will not eat kibble but will eat tinned as long as there are vegetables put in the dish with it. She eats all the type of poultry that Pereg did and had a bit of a chew of chicken neck. And like Pereg she scoffs ox lung! I thought I would have to mince everything but just cutting it up small with scissors seems fine as she has usually cleared the bowl in two seconds flat! Oh, and raw eggs! :D

She goes in her bed when she wants to sleep during the day and goes into her crate and night and has only pee'd in it twice, which is not bad in ten nights. Had a couple of accidents indoors but has used the puppy pad in the salon for both pees and poos, but mostly she goes outside as I take her after she wakes up and after she has eaten and more or less does it on command..

After my fall last Friday I put her leash on her and take her out on Xanadu, then put her down. Without the leash she would run and I would not be able to get to her.

I have given her a plastic bottle to play with and she keeps barking at it. Touches it with her nose and when it moves she leaps backwards! :D

She not an easy puppy as Little One was - even Pereg was not as difficult, but I guess I am stuck with her and she will, hopefully, improve. Unfortunately I seem to have yet another bug so have a fever and could do with staying in bed, but what can I do?
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    The name Ziva also means Bold & Leader, which sounds just like your little puppy xxx
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    She is a tiny monster! Currently asleep in her bed but as soon as she hears Xanadu being switched on she is awake and "at it" again!. Follows me into the loo and sits and watches me - if I go into the kitchen she thinks it is food time again - tries to eat her leash when taken outside for a pee or poo, and is a menace!

No wonder I did not want a puppy...:D
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Can't wait until she's 7-9 months old that's when the real trouble starts xxxx
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I just hope she stops biting by then! :D
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Teething ring will help dog one of course, they help her get her milk teeth out xxx
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I do not think her baby teeth are even fully developed yet but she has a collection of Pereg's chew bones and tries to gnaw on those. I have just never had a biting puppy before.

She had been attacking my feet and ankles quite badly so I put her in her crate [which is in my bedroom] and she squeaked for a bit but then went to sleep and just woke up. Took her out and she poo'd but did not pee, but there is a tiny damp patch on the puppy pad in here so she is obviously using it. No pee in her crate though.

She is now sitting and looking at me squeaking for food again but she has already had five meals today. OK, only tiny ones but it is coming up to 9.30pm and I am hoping to get to bed early. Maybe I will try her with a small chicken neck tomorrow if there are any in the freezer - if not I have some cut up small turkey necks.
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    She be doubling in size soon then she be barking for even more food xx
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am wondering if I give her enough food at each meal. But she slept last night from ~10.45pm until 6.45am - I took her out and she did a poo then a pee then put her back in her crate as I do not feel well and had a lousy night so wanted a bit more sleep. Took her out again and she performed then I gave her cottage cheese for her breakfast [yesterday she had a whole raw egg for breakfast, and at just gone 3pm she has had meal #3.

She is currently trying to catch her tail...
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Ziva making her own fun by catching her tail hope she don't bite end off (try to break her of habbit of tail chasing or she might get tail aggression)
  18. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    Ziva sounds like a perfectly normal puppy. Like human babies puppies put everything in their mouth. Even as young as she is she can be taught not to chew your feet and fingers as long as she has other things to chew on. Tell her NO and give her one of those chewy's she's been dragging around in place of your body parts.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    How's Princess Ziva doing Malka has she grown any bigger :049:
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    You are being very quiet Malka. Are you feeling any better today? I hope Ziva hasn't worn you out!
  21. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    Don't know what has happened to Malka. Haven't been able to reach her and I am very worried.