Treatment for pulled ligaments Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Chellie, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Chellie

Chellie New Member

Name:
    Chellie

Treatment for pulled ligaments

Storm (10 year old GSD x) has pulled the ligaments in his right shoulder. He has had x-Rays to rule out bone cancer, arthritis etc.

Due to nearly losing him 18 months ago when his whole body shut down (reason never determined) we are unable to give him any anti inflammatories or drugs (unless life or death situation) in case it happens again.

We have him on Synoquin and hydrotherapy but have seen little if any improvement. He's back at the vets on Friday but wondered if anyone had any suggestions that I can mention to the vet when I go?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I'd probably opt for homemade bone broth and strict rest.
  4. Chellie

Chellie New Member

Name:
    Chellie
    Thanks Azz. He is on an exercise programme. Can't stop it all together as keeping mobile helps his arthritis which, of course, we are unable to treat with any anti inflammatories. It is really frustrating poor boy :-(
  5. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    How about massage and a good joint supplement like Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.

The floors in my house are tiled and when M'boi pulled a muscle in her back leg she was afraid to walk around the house, so I made paths with rugs for her to get to wherever she wanted to go to.