Please, need help in breed identification Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Maximer, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Maximer

Maximer New Member

Name:
    Maxim
    Azz likes this.

Please, need help in breed identification

First of all, sorry for my English, please. It's not my native language. Few days ago I have accidentally found a photograph of the dog, which breed I still can't determine. Have no ideas. What do you think? What breed is it? Photo can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/nvzzyWd.jpg Thank you very much for help! Best regards, Max
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    Picture very small but looks bit like Hovawart or maybe a Hovawart cross Rottweiler.
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Azz likes this.
    Hovawart
  5. Maximer

Maximer New Member

Name:
    Maxim
    Azz likes this.
    Sorry, please, for delay. Was looking for another photos. Found 2 more from the same source, but thats, I guess, was all that was located there.

The dogs from this three photo looks much more massive and bigger then Hovawart, but I could be wrong, of course. And anyway thank you very much!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    Agree Hovawart.
    Dogloverlou's longish thread, titled 'New Puppy', in the Hovawart forum, has a series of photo's showing the development of her young dog.
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    Hovawart's are a medium to large dog spec says 24 to 30 inch (64 to 77cm) they come in 3 colours black/gold, black & blonde.

Black/gold
    scanCuillin.jpeg

Blonde
    2015-10-31-11-10-15-2102460189.jpeg

Black
    800px-Ayke_Hovi_sw.jpeg

All 3 colours
    800px-The_three_colours_of_the_Hovawart.jpeg
  8. Maximer

Maximer New Member

Name:
    Maxim
    Azz likes this.
    Thank you all, guys! I really appreciate your responses. Indeed, this dog looks pretty much like hovawart breed. However, just a while ago I have received e-mail from the Russian website owner, who posted this photos. Once more I'm sorry for my language. My native language is Tajik, and I have very limited knowledge in both English and Russian, so it is not simple to me to translate from one foreign language to another.

The breed of this dog is officially called Buryat-Mongolian Wolfhound, also it's known by several unofficial names (Buryat-Mongolian Shepherd Dog, Khotosho or Hotosho, and Bankhar). This breed is not registered by FCI, nevertheless, standard for this dog was provisionally accepted by Russian Kennel (Kynological) Federation, RKF, which is member-organization of FCI for Russia in early 2000s and fully approved and registered in 2006. [Citation: "Studbook Russian dogs entered in March 2000, have stamps and genealogical documents issued by the Russian Kennel Federation. Breed Standard of the Buryat-Mongolian Wolfhound hotosho, bankhar registered in RKF in July 2006."] This breed is originated from large shepherd dogs, that was found by Marika Teregulova, the very first breeder and creator of nowadays b.-m. wolfhound, in several remote rural areas of Siberia, specifically Buryatia, in 1980s. Today there are 7 breeding organizations (kennel clubs? don't know how to translate correctly. they breed and sell dogs), which working only with Buryat-Mongolian Wolfhound, of which 4 are located in Siberia, 2 in Russian Far East, and only one (and the newest one) in the European part of Russia, near Moscow. One of this breeding organizations is still operated and owned by Marika Teregulova. She is shown on this old photo:
    [​IMG]

P.S. Huh! The English is hard, but the Russian is ***** ****, why couldn't all people just speak one language? Tajik, for example )) 7,000+ languages for one planet is too much )) Sorry, just kidding.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    I think your English is excellent!
    I think this breed may not be known in the UK, we are only just beginning to recognise the multitude of Scandinavian breeds. I can see from the last photo that this dog is much larger than a Hovawart - more a giant breed. Thank you for passing on the information, new doggy knowledge is always worthwhile. Are you thinking of getting a Buryat-Mongolian Shepherd Dog (or Wolfhound)?
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Phil likes this.
    Your English is fine - far better than mine is at times because I forget so many words even though I am English born, raised and educated, but left there 30 years ago so had to learn not only a different language but a different alphabet. And there are probably nearly 80 different languages still spoken among various immigrants.