This is going to sound strange But .... Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by 6JRT's, May 28, 2016.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

This is going to sound strange But ....

What does an 8 week old poodle puppy look like ?

My friend has just bought home 8 week old "poodle" puppy, but there's something about the puppy, I just don't think its a pedigree poodle, to me it looks bit like an Poodle X Maltese or a Poodle X Pomeranian.
    Its very light sandy colour very fluffy, very small (friend said mum was a brown toy poodle) I have only ever seen adult Poodles not puppy Poodles.
    Puppy is healthy nice clear eyes ears nose & very playful.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    This is a red toy poodle puppy:
    [​IMG]
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Nope looks nothing like the Poodle puppy my friend as bought, the one she as has longer fur & very light sandy colour
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    6JRT's likes this.
    upload_2016-5-28_21-23-23.jpeg

There are lots of photo's on the net if you google then click on images. This is just one on there
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    More like this but lighter?

[​IMG]
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    [​IMG]

This is a very young apricot toy poodle.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    The sandy colour does sound like an apricot, but fluffy does not sound like a typical poodle puppy coat. The curls show in both of the photo's posted - not necessarily tight at 8 weeks, but always present.
    Can you post a pic of your friend's puppy? A brown toy mother is possible - but what was the sire? Did she get it from a reputable breeder? Has she got documentation?
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes that colour but fur is long fine & fluffy
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Cockerpoo?
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    No he got pup from advert she saw in Pets At Home
  12. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Fur is like this one but colour like the Apricot one above & friends pup has longer thin nose
    PomapooManjumanjudoggy9weeks.JPG
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    It sounds like a cross to me. It will be interesting to see the paperwork.
    If they want a pet, as long as it is healthy and well reared, they will love it anyway - and it will prob be quite bright. I just hope they didn't get ripped off.
    Why can these people not ask for some advice before they buy?
  14. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    Malka, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    And why, if they're wanting a purebred Poodle, do they not go through the reputable channels in obtaining one i.e through the breed club, Champdogs etc. Pets 4 Homes is not the ideal place to buy from, and only feeds into that mentality I want a puppy NOW and for as cheap as possible :rolleyes: It's a shame with all the information there is out there now in regards to buying puppies responsibly.

@6JRT's It does sound like a cross. That's the problem with buying from sites like that IMO, as any Tom, Dick or Harry can be selling dogs and tell you anything. Hopefully they will love their puppy none the less though.
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    He phoned me after he had bought the pup but with not knowing what a poodle puppy looks like I have no idea if its is or not, I don't even think its even 8 weeks old yet, as its so tiny but is alert & does have beautiful chocolate coloured eyes.
    Pup was £300 sold without papers as mum not registered
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    He didn't set out to buy a puppy he only went to Pets At Home to buy some straw/hay but on way out he saw the advert for the puppies & just rang up to inquire if there was any pups left.
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    As Louise says, an impulse buy, - and no home check by the breeder. Says it all.
    However, £300 wouldn't have bought a poodle puppy from a hobby breeder, so he's really got what he paid for. I hope it grows into a happy, healthy dog for them.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    If the puppy is not like the one in the picture I posted in Message #5 then whatever cross it is, it is not a 'Maltipoo' [Maltese x Poodle] as that is a picture of an adult 'Maltipoo'.

The picture in #6 was a very young apricot toy poodle puppy, advertised two or three years ago for £600.

This is a Poodle x Pomeranian puppy:

[​IMG]

This is a month-old Poodle x Chihuahua puppy.

[​IMG]
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.

That's my friend all over Just buys on impulse like the time we were walking pass a 2nd hand car lot & he saw a MG Midget he shot straight over & bought it without even test driving it.
    The pup will be well loved & no doubt will go everywhere with my friend.

I am going to go down to Pets At Home later so will look at the advert to see if it offers any clues to what mix the pup is.
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :043: :043: :043: :043: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044: :044:

Pets At Home advert reads like this

Our Chinese Powder Puff Poodle has had 3 puppies all the puppies are for sale 2 girls & 1 boy £300 each ono
    Mum will be with puppies until they all go, dad can be seen with puppies to but please say if you want the dad there when you ring as he don't live with us.
    please ring for more details
    then gives a Matlock telephone number.

The photo's on advert is a male Apricot Poodle [dog is laying down but you can see it boy bits if you look carefully] above the photo they have put Anya our Chinese Powder Puff Poodle bitch.
  21. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    So a Chinese Crested x Poodle