What the... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.

What the...

... blank was that?

Tikva has different barks [sometimes shrieks] for things outside. Cars parking [or even stopping], certain people walking past, especially if they are swinging carrier bags or the suchlike, and strangers walking down the path. Oh and a happy happy "friend, friend, friend" excited bark.

And like Pereg, who had similar likes and dislikes and similar barks, Tikki does not like horses. Maybe she is afraid of them? Not that she has ever met one close up, just seen them going past. I am not keen on horses either, having been frightened by one as a child when being forced to give one a carrot. I was terrified by its large yellow teeth! Also if I am too close to one I sneeze, and sneeze.

So just now Tikva screeched and shot in, and when I glanced outside there was a guy leading a brightly coloured cloth draped...

...CAMEL!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Wow that would be a shock, especially living where I do, in France
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There are camels in the Negev but they belong to the Beduin. The Moshav where I live is classed as being in the northern Negev but it is not desert like the southern Negev is, and this was the first time I had seen a "dressed up" let alone any other camel being led along on the pavement outside my home!

It was most surprising, to say the least. I mean there are the odd occasion when a cow or three has gotten loose and wanders around - ditto horses from the stud farm or one of the other places where they have stables for riding. Or something. And if one of the horses gets loose they tend to gallop along the road until... until.. no idea but I have seen some in my back yard munching on weeds.

And I frequently see horses from the riding stables with children on them, being led by an adult on another horse.

But a CAMEL???

Will multi-coloured cloths draped over it and some sort of saddle on its back???

Being led along the pavement outside my home???
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The dressed-up camel has just been led past my bungalow again - this time being led down the road. I have absolutely no idea where it could be going though as there is a main road once past the gate and then off the Moshav, and there is another Moshav on the other side of the road. :102:
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Have you been at the cooking sherry again?!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Nope - why do you ask! It really was a camel with brightly coloured cloths draped over it, being led along the pavement.
  8. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    .....or smoking something special ? ? ?
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Infamy, infamy, you've all got it in for me!

I do not imbibe. Unless water, black coffee [leaded or unleaded], black/green/red/decaffeinated tea, heavily diluted sugar-free squash - and the suchlike - count as imbibing.

Nor do I smoke - gave up the coffin nails many years ago, and as for "special" ones - I only once ever tried a few puffs and I honestly did have a good excuse at the time. Din'arf make my mouth dry.

It was a camel. A real live camel. A one-humped dromedary. A biggun at that.

'onest 'injun it was.
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I know, I know - I apologize profusely and unreservedly for my outrageous insinuations. These slurs are fake news.

I'm just jealous. An occasional owl flying overhead is the most exotic thing I am ever likely to see here.
  11. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    You are s9 funny
    Your posts often make me laugh and the way you write is....I’m not sure what the word is but I’m sure you could be or have been or should be....an author.
    Keep the posts coming and ( lol ) stay off the sherry
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ah yes, gottit in one. I actually am a writer although mostly on my blog, which is just for myself. It is also where I put a load of my poems, although tbh they are more doggerel than anything else.

Sherry? Oh no, not you having a go at me again about the dreaded booze!

Once, just once, when I was at a camping site near Southend - I think - with my two and a rather horrible small girl who I had taken to give her father a break - her mother having tragically died during anasthaesia - oh it is a long story and a long time ago.

Anyhow, the children, my two and this little girl were fast asleep in my tent and having been invited by some other campers in the next tent to join them for an hour or so, I had a very small glass of Bacardi and Coke.

Oh my ears and whiskers. Was I ill? Apparently a guard, or whatever he was, found me passed out outside my tent and the next thing I knew was getting the children ready, taking down my tent and packing up to drive home.

I had never drunk any alcohol before and believe me, I never ever touched it since!
  13. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Oh dear!

The first time I had alcohol was when I was 17. It was my first job in an office in London, and I was invited to join the others in the pub after work. I hadn't a clue what to ask for, but thought that cider would be a good idea - just apple juice really, I thought. If I'd stopped at one, I might have been OK. But people kept buying me more. I kept saying no thank you, but the drinks were given to me anyway and,being young, I felt obliged to drink them.

Not sure how I managed the train and bus journey home. I do know that on the train I was sick in my new handbag. When I got home my mother put me straight to bed. She brought me up some scrambled eggs, but Robbie, my Miniature Poodle, just put her foot on my chest and ate the lot - I was too weak to push her away!

I have never had cider since.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Janet like this.
    Office parties? One of my temp jobs was during the Christmas season and there was a party. So one guy [a senior manager] put his cigarette out, so he thought, and put it the nearest wast-paper bin. Which just happened to be a wicker bin.

And the fag end was not completely out and the bin caught fire...

... so he stamped on it, or rather in the bin...

... and his shoe got caught...
  15. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Have you ever thought of turning your experiences into a sitcom?!
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet - who would believe it? Oh, second thoughts, sitcoms are not real. Are they?

Sometimes I look at Tikki and she looks at me as if to say "I know all about you" and I wonder. Because I talk to her about all sorts of things - my life that was - and so many memories make me laugh.

A sitcom? Nah, this was and is my life - and I treasure every moment.

And memory.