My scare this morning Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Jcarpentier, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica

My scare this morning

Good afternoon all,

We got some of the puppy food Jaegar had been on from the previous owners. The lady put it in a bag for us. Today, after his first vet visit, I was scooping some out with my hand and felt and located a glass shard. I immediately contacted the woman we got him from and told her of the incident. She then contacted the manufacturer.

I did call the vet and they said I would know if the puppy had ingested any glass as he would be vomiting and/or acting in pain. He has been sleeping for the past hour and a half, so no worries there. I think he will be down for the count today as he had his first shots this morning.

Keeping an eye out to be sure.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a good job you used your hand, and not a measuring cup, (which I have to admit I do). At least your breeder is warned to check and recheck her supply.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    As long as your bubba is OK - major huggles for him and for you. :058:

As I think you know, I am a raw feeder so obviously everything goes through my hands can feel if anything is not right,

More gentle cuddles for our new Breedia puppa! :058:
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Now that is a scare. Well done spotting it
    The lady may use a glass vessel to scoop her food and you ended up with some
    We used to own a restaurant which makes me “eagle eyed “ whilst I’m out and about. Many, many time I have seen people using glass tumblers to scoop ice from ice machines, so dangerous
    If I want ice in my drinks I ask for it separately
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    One of the main supermarkets here used to sell loose frozen vegetables as well as pre-packed ones, and there was a stainless steel cup in each of the loose sections so people could scoop up as much as they wanted to put in a bag.

And the ss cups kept going AWOL so the supermarket fitted a chain to them and people then just used to just stick their hands in the loose frozen vegetables... which was the last time I ever bought any frozen vegetables from there again.

@Jcarpentier - how is our gorgeous new puppa today?
  7. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    He is good today. He and the cat are learning how to be friends. Right now, the cat is bigger than him. I know it won't be for long with how much sleeping the dog does. He must be doing some serious growing! Thanks for asking.