The puppy who was only for Christmas General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

The puppy who was only for Christmas

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So sad. Surely they knew there was a likelihood of becoming homeless when they took on the puppy!
    I really hate the - pick up the phone and buy a puppy - mentality, which seems to have become almost normal these days. Instant gratification, with no time for research or second thoughts.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It just broke my heart seeing that happy little puppy who had just been dumped - the only consolation being that he was dumped at Battersea where he has a chance of being adopted. I hope.

I would say why but then I think of all the unwanted dumped dogs here - but that does not stop my heart from breaking.

When, when, when, will people every realise that a puppy is for life, not just for Christmas?
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know Vee - the media "tugs at the heart strings" and that particular one especially, but of all the people "I want Ronnie" how many are just click bait? Will Ronnie really have a forever home because he is so cute now?

That particular media hates dogs, especially Staffies. And will use the same picture of a sneezing Staffie over and over again, but hey, it is just after Christmas so they must show how wonderful they are in finding a new home for Ronnie.

And what about all the other ones?