New to forum Introductions

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by TakodaMalamute, Mar 5, 2018.

1. TakodaMalamute

TakodaMalamute New Member

Name:
    Celyn Thomas

New to forum

Hey everyone :)
    I am new to this forum and thought I would introduce myself, I own a 1 year old Malamute called Takoda (Koda for short)
    Joined this forum to meet some Malamute owners and give advice on Malamutes as before getting my first, I have done extensive research and living with the breed for nearly a year I've picked up a few tips and tricks :D
    I will share some pics of my boy -
    17796515_10211457468967547_817846400032547505_n.jpg
    At the breeders 6-8 weeks
    18221621_753058174867923_5747772790458867965_n.jpg
    First day home 11 weeks
    18870793_826396590862232_1809428900_n.jpg
    About 3-4 months old
    Koda 4.jpg
    First walk 3-4 months
    Will try find some pics and upload them later of him now at a year old, born 6th Feb 2017
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Hi & welcome
    Koda looks adorable, I’m sure has caused you some stress in his first year.
    Does he conform to the typical traits, I would love to hear about his good & bad points
    I have an Akita who is 14 months old now, I would describe him as having a “ complex “ character, is Koda the same
    I’d love to hear more about your day to day life with him
    Philippa
  4. TakodaMalamute

TakodaMalamute New Member

Name:
    Celyn Thomas
    Thank you and oh yes he does :rolleyes:

I'll do the bad points first, destructive, when he is on his own even with plenty of chew toys. Talks back, howls and very much strong willed. Escape artist manged to escape out of the garden a few times (luckily didn't get very far and not harmed) Started to blow his coat properly this month so hair is everywhere o_O

Good points, he is a baby, absolutely loves tummy rubs. Very friendly with children and adults of all ages. Okay with most other dogs just gets a bit too excited, something we are working on improving. Loves walks, he could walk for days if I let him :D

I'd love to hear more about your Akita, it was a breed I was considering when researching Malamutes.
  5. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Hi &.welcome! :039: I too have a 1yr old female malamute named Mila & as u described she is very strong willed & talkative! Lol i call Mila my mouthy malamute!:005: i didn't have her when she was a wee pup so I had to really train her & work with her (the girl I bought her off of did not work with Mila at all). Your boy is beautiful!:007: My goodness do they grow fast! :eek:
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    What great news that you & @Wizegrl00782 has made contact.
    You can compare notes, tips and suggestions
    I’m nipping out now, but I’ll be back in touch soon to “ bore “ you about Yoji lol
  7. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    I too am very curious about the daily life of ur Akita!:) when my husband was little his parents acquired a very beautiful male Akita. Well they had the dog for 5 days then the poor dog had to be put down :( all because the stupid neighbor kid (they lived in the city back then) kept being mean to the dog & would abuse it & of course the dog bit the kid. He bit the kid near the jugular vein. Almost died I guess. I was very upset to hear about that cuz it wasn't the dogs fault. It was the kids :mad: I think Akitas r very beautiful dogs & find their background very fascinating!:)