Looking to connect with other dog owners Introductions

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Pnerissa, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Pnerissa

Pnerissa New Member

Name:
    Beverly

Looking to connect with other dog owners

Hi, I'm Beverly. I've spent the last few years working with foster dogs and lost my adopted foster 2 years ago when he passed at the age of 15. I finally got to a good place where I could adopt a permanent pal again and came across a 9 wk old Rough Collie that was being rehomed. I initially was just going to meet him, but when I saw he was a bit thin and and seemed to have an alpha personality I thought I'd better rescue him before someone who didn't know what they were doing got him and ruined him.

Riley will be 4 months old this Friday. He is definitely an alpha and loves to challenge me, but I'm building a routine for him that involves lots of play with training mixed in. I don't even think he knows we're training. I'm seeing improvements, and he's definitely not thin anymore. I'm waiting for a decent weekend to take him out and introduce him to standup paddleboarding. I think he'll be a natural because likes water and already tries to ride a skateboard.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pnerissa

Pnerissa New Member

Name:
    Beverly
    Will this help? ;)

Riley Upsidedown2.jpg
  4. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    Pnerissa likes this.
    Awe hes so cute!:007: welcome aboard! :) my mom had a Collie when she was a young lady! Sweet dogs they are! :) sounds like he found a great home with u! :) I have a 1yr old female Alaskan malamute & shes a sweetie too! :) she has her mischievous moments tho!:Dlol
  5. Pnerissa

Pnerissa New Member

Name:
    Beverly
    Thanks Jessica. Riley had doggy daycare today and had a blast. I try to make sure he gets plenty of chances to socialize rather than spend all day in a crate while I'm at work. Once he's fully house-broken I'll install a dog door for him so he has access to the yard, and later on down the road I may get him a friend. Haven't decided on a breed yet.
  6. Wizegrl00782

Wizegrl00782 Member

Name:
    Jessica
    CaroleC likes this.
    Awe thats great he goes to doggy day care! :) I have 4 kids plus Mila so Mila has a pack here to play with!:D lol. She does pretty good with my kids. She gets grumbly & less tolerant of my younger kids (ages 5, 3 & 1yr.). My oldest son (8yrs) Mila gets along great with. I think she prefers the older kids. Lol less grabby! :D