Puppy pees sometimes when excited General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Jun 25, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

Puppy pees sometimes when excited

I came out of the grocery store this evening to discover Katie Mae had peed on my drivers seat. We had just been for a walk.. I think someone was petting her and she got excited, or at least was talking to her. I leave my windows down for them, but up enough that they can’t jump out, but they like to stick their big heads out. What a drag. Luckily I had some plastic and a towel so I was able to drive home without having to actually sit in it.. I made another stop afterwards and parked where I could see my vehicle from cash registers. While I was paying I saw someone was petting her again.. I’d previously met the woman who was petting KM this time, when bandit was sticking his head out the window at a gas station when he was my only dog, and had had a long conversation with her. On a side note, I’d wanted to run into her again, as I’d wished I’d asked her if she’d like to have a drink or go for a walk sometime.. Well she said she has a partner.. but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Both dogs are well socialized with people and love getting attention, they draw people in like magnets. My previous Akita was much more serious and I never saw anyone try to pet him while he was in vehicle. He might have taken their hand off... I felt safe leaving valuables with him. These 2 new ones haven’t developed that guarding instinct.. they are pretty happy go lucky. I almost feel as if I’ve over socialized them..

KM peed a tiny bit on floor this morning while giving her a few pets after putting her collar on before letting her out. She occasionally pees near/on people’s feet when excited too. A few weeks ago towards the end of her heat we were getting ready to go out. Bandit was already loaded up and I was getting her. She rollled over for a belly rub... and peed while on her back. Lol. This was the first day I was considering letting her ride without being in her crate, as it seemed she had stopped bleeding. Well back in the crate for the ride for her and a little belly bath when we got home. I hope she stops doing this soon
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Lexi always peed on Dr Vadim feet when he came to give her her rabies shot.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    That reminded me that she peed at vets office last week while they weighed her for me.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Vadim is the Local Authority vet who is responsible for rabies shots. He would turn up each year and Lexi would pee on his foot.

Pereg never did, nor has Tikki ever done, but Pereg loved Ram even though she had to have three-monthly blood tests, and Ram lurves our Vet, as does Tikki.

I am not sure whether Ram is due here on 26 or 28 June for her Parkworm shot - and Bravecto pill... and worm pill... but he has it on his computer so will telephone me before he comes.

And Tikva will go start raving bonkers when she sees him! As long as I get my hug first!
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
  7. Maldo321

Maldo321 New Member

Name:
    Anthony
    My almost 8 month akita used to excited pee from about 4-7 months. he loves people, and is very socialized but also has that guarding depending on my energy towards the person it seems. I found that when people were over excited around him he would excited pee, but if the person wasn't doing the "high pitch" puppy talk voice or drop to his level to pet him he wouldn't. So when people would ask me if they could pet him I told em yeah, but try not to be overly excited and not drop to his level as he may pee. after a month or so of that he seems to have stopped completely.
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Thank you for the link!! The peeing in my vehicle was excitement, as I think most of her other peeing is too. The time she rolled over and peed seemed to be submissive peeing. She is well socialized and I’ve never felt the need to raise my voice with her, and when she peed a little in the house I just let her out and cleaned it up. She is rather submissive though at times, maybe because she came into a home with an older male dog. He likes to be dominant at times, while at other times he lays down and lets her walk all over him. Then she’ll put her head on him and kind of roll her whole body in a partial somersault and lay down next to him to continue playing.
    I am looking into getting some window guards so they can’t stick heads out window, although it is awfully cute and they show no signs of aggression towards people. Just need to find ones strong enough for an Akita
  9. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    So yesterday I made a stop to buy some groceries and I stood partially behind a pillar and spied on Katie Mae for a few minutes. Oh boy does she do her best to get attention while I’m shopping.. she’s got her head out the window, tail waging behind her, looking her very cutest. Some people came right up to her and pet her, some talked to her first, and some just talked to her. Luckily she didn’t pee. I’ve mixed feelings about not allowing her to do this.. she obviously enjoys it, and she appears to bring smiles to many faces, which in our world today is very much in need..
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Every female dog I've seen pees a bit when excited. Males don't seem to do it as much, but females? Always lol. It isn't unusual.