Loose puppy poo General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by Rugby1983, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster

Loose puppy poo

Hi my puppy I had since Saturday is doing very loose poo about 5 times a day any tips . I'm feeding him pedigree chum puppy food i tried dry food with water too soften it but he will not eat it ? Kind regards
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    He drinking his water fine runing and playing ok
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    The loose stools are not unusual as he's just gone through a major change and upheaval - separated from his mom and siblings and new humans to contend with. Unless he gets the 'runs', I would try to give him a little time to settle down.

The best canned food I've found is Butchers. I've found that the one you are using can really hype up young pups
  5. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Thanks Chris I will change tomorrow my friend I keep you posted on how the week goes with him it just looks like diarrhoea at the moment
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Did the breeder tell you what they were feeding?

The sudden change in food could also be contributing to his runny bum.

He's a young pup and while the runs are fairly common in the first few days, keep a careful eye on him and if you think he is lethargic or off-colour, then, obviously, straight to the vets for a check up
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    I like Chris B’s comments and advice and would also suggest maybe taking a poo sample to vets to check for Parasites
  8. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    I'm booked in on Monday too see the vet but that still 6 days away I just monitor him
  9. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Yes he was on pedigree chum puppy he gave me some tins
  10. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Malka and who owns who like this.
    IMG-20180901-WA0004.jpeg
  11. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Still the same today gave him just rice today still no change he still running and playing and drinking his water fine
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    Maybe give him a little boiled chicken too. He needs protein. Sometimes (like when changing foods) if my dogs have loose poo I’ll give them a little pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling, just pumpkin from a can. I’m actually having that issue of loose poo with my dogs and just tested them for parasites, which came back negative this morning. Maybe I need to change foods. Will probably start a thread later... Your boy is very cute. I’d suggest you take a stool sample to the vets for testing and not wait until your appointment
  13. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and Rugby1983 like this.
    If he's still got the runs, let the vet check him over. It's well worth paying the consultation charge if only to put your mind at rest.
  14. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Yes I booked him in tomorrow just too be on the safe side I read rice is good only for 24 hrs I'm on about 18 hrs now with know change . Keep you all posted and let you know what the vet says. And thanks WHO OWNES WHO is is
  15. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    How did it go at the vets?
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    Plain boiled or steamed white chicken or steamed white fish with his rice. Maybe 1/3 protein to 2/3 rice. No seasoning.
    We do not get tinned pumpkin, pie or plain, here, but we do have lovely fresh pumpkins!

I never used them for diarrhoea - just as lightly steamed as a supper bulk, but Kat - the little kattypus - used to sit and watch me but them up, grabbed the seeds and pulp as fast as she could.

@Rugby1983 - I hope you got good news from the vet. I have no idea what kibble Pereg was fed on at the shelter, but as soon as I got her home she sprayed orange poo everywhere all over the concrete ramp. And she poo'd orange yuck for what seemed like a lifetime, until she knew that this was her forever home.

And then it stopped.
  17. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Hi sorry yes he is they gave him some probiotic paste too help with any germs in his tummy he had too go on a 48hr food diet consisting of plane rice fish or chicken . Tomorrow going too get him top brand puppy dry food for large dogs
  18. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Thanks for you asking about him all
  19. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
  20. Rugby1983

Rugby1983 New Member

Name:
    Jack brewster
    Rocco said hi
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Rugby1983 likes this.
    Tell Rocco that Tikva is jealous as his crate is much larger then hers! Just a full size [for the crate] padded comfy and a half size extra padded sleeping mat at the end. No toys and no food/water bowls although when it is bed time she zonks until the morning.

Now.

It was not like that when she was bottle fed though. day and night. :rolleyes:

Oh, and she says that Rocco is woof woof yum yum yum.