Most surprising food your dog likes? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by who owns who, Oct 8, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

Most surprising food your dog likes?

I was making a sandwich and dropped some sauerkraut on the floor. Katie Mae cleaned it up, much to my surprise. Bandit likes oranges. What does your dog like to eat that surprised you?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    At Azz's suggestion, I used to make home made sauerkraut for Eddie. He had itit on his lunch every day.
    Merry is a dustbin, and there isn't much that she won't eat - oranges, lettuce, beetroot etc. all go down well, and she will ask for raw onion - but I don't let her have it as it can cause anaemia. She has picked her own wild fruit all summer, blackberries, raspberries and wild strawberries are favourites. I can only think of mushrooms which she would refuse, and they are on the official forbidden list. (Though old Tweed would search them out in the wild, and never suffered by doing it. She was a very wily old dog though).
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    After Pereg with her "thing" about kohlrabi and now Tikva who, I am sure, knows I have 'nanas in my bag while I am coming down the ramp, even though the door is closed, nothing surprises me any more.

I have not offered her any sauerkraut though, although I did offer her a tiny piece of an olive once when I was prepping some salad, no idea why as she normally only watches me when I am doing her evening "wet" meal, and she spat it out!
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Heiko is partial to a scraping of marmite on a little bit of toast in the mornings.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I would lurve some marmite on toast, but can not buy it any more.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Can you get Vegemite? Not quite the same, but similar.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No. The thing is that Marmite is made in the same factory where ????? is also made, [not in Israel - not sure where] and even though Marmite is Kasher [Vegemite is not] there are steam pipes going through where Marmite is made that also go through where a meat product [dunno what] is made.

Steam pipes. How can steam inside a pipe going through a factory make Marmite treif? That means not Kasher.

So - the Marmite that we used to be able to get, which was, I think from England, was replaced by Marmite from South Africa.

But then that was decided to be treif.

So I can not get Marmite any more. :(