New owner (tomorrow) Introductions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by BIGG1690, Oct 2, 2018.

1. BIGG1690

BIGG1690 New Member

Name:
    This is the start of user first custom collar , just had to lol .

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Lovely looking pup .
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Right Graeme - you are now on the norty step! You can not put on a collar saying that on such a pretty little girl. Well you can if you want to - I called Tikva "It" or "Thing" at times, but never on a collar, only on here.

But Karma really is gorgeous.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Congratulations on your new puppy. Karma is a lovely name, may she always be Good Karma.
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Hi Graeme
    She looks a real cutie, I’m sure she will keep you busy for a while
    Remember to ask anything, there is always someone in this group to help
    Now, I’m going back for a look at the photo of you & your son that Juli spotted LOL
  7. BIGG1690

BIGG1690 New Member

Name:
    Its just a play on words and a little joke , and she is a bitch ( as in female dog )
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Tikva is also a female dog although a spayed one, but she would not like me putting a collar on her saying that! She might be only little but she has some very strong teeth, and she wears a black imitation leather collar with TIKVA in imitation diamonte, with a star shape at the beginning and a sort of flower shape at the end.

Not that I clip her leash or tether onto her collar - she wears a lightweight harness - currently a pink one. Pink for a little girl!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    Graeme, grandma has now spoken and you may now get off the norty step. Just please stay with us on Breedia? :)
  10. BIGG1690

BIGG1690 New Member

Name:
    Of course I'm staying lol , my dogs name is my choice last I heard,so opinions are great ,but folk are free to name there pets of there own choice and opinions .
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    BIGG1690 likes this.
    We are actually very nice people.

We are, we really are, so please stay Graeme. There are a lot of very clever and expert people on Breedia [not me :(] I am just ignorant, but I do help as much as I can.

And I love your puppy's name. :058:
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Welcome Big G and Karma!! Nice to see another Akita here on Breedia!! I share my house with two of them, a 2 year old male named Bandit and an almost 1 year old bitch named Katie Mae. I had an Akita previous to these two as well. People here are very helpful, knowledgeable and usually friendly, and like to see pictures of others pups.

She is very cute (well I’m very partial to Akitas..). How is she doing with her potty training and nipping? When mine were little I’d get up about every 3 hours at night to take them out. I actually moved my bed to the living room to be closer to the door whilst training them. Keep us posted and feel free to ask just about anything.
  13. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Talking of potty trying Marc, I don’t think I’m being biased by saying that Akitas learn pretty quickly about going outside to the toilet.
    We never had a pee pee in the house and one poop and that was through the night when he had diarrhoea.
  14. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    My first Akita only peed inside a couple times. I brought him home at 7 weeks.

Bandit seemed to have a hard time fully getting it but turned out his prostate was swollen, and squeezing his bladder, from a lingering infection from when he had parvovirus. Prostate infections can be hard to treat but we got lucky!! Once that was treated he got it.

Katie Mae came to me at 17 weeks. She had to be that old to have built up immunity to parvo because of potential lingering virus in my yard. I picked her out when she was six weeks old but she stayed with the breeder for 11 more weeks, and slept in a kennel. So she took a bit to train. Got spoiled by my first guy.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018