Katie Mae is one year old today Photos

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Nov 6, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

Katie Mae is one year old today

Hello.... 1C3BFB2C-3BE4-41AB-ACEC-D15215AD8BE1.jpeg Bite me... 05DE405F-37B4-4E1C-AB9D-FA4B3D47B571.jpeg Don’t I sit good.. don’t I sit well.. don’t I sit fast.. I’m sitting!! 2A91D3C4-1B07-4452-9FE6-EA68C35A7E1F.jpeg You sure you really want a piece of this.. 13466B26-AD65-458E-99AA-CAFE3DE7E3F3.jpeg EA1D04B9-5859-4C47-BEDE-1E85438976CD.jpeg Hey let me in, I’m outside and I want in. Do you see me? Open the door!!

My little girl is growing up so fast! Sometimes I forget she’s still a puppy. She is mostly a joy to have. She has made Bandit a happier dog having a friend and they entertain each other and me too!! I feel less guilty leaving them home together when I go to work. She spends much more time inside with me than Bandit does. She’s always wagging her tail (actually her whole butt) and happy to give kisses. She is a bit of an attention monger but it’s more cute then annoying. She still loves to stick her head out the window of my truck and attract strangers to say hello to her. Last night when I walked to my truck in a parking lot after dinner she was getting loved up by a young woman who had a huge smile on her face from Katie Mae’s exuberance. She has the most waggily tail. My vets whole office loves her. She’s just a super happy and friendly (with people ) dog. It is much more challenging walking two Akitas but overall it’s worth it. Nothing like coming home and being greeted by 160+lbs of happy dogs!! I swear she’s almost always got a smile on her face and she puts one on mine!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Happy Birthday Katie Mae. You are adorable!
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    download.jpg Katie Mae x
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Happy birthday lady !
    I’m sure if I saw an Akita with its head sticking out of a car window the last think I would be doing is going over to fuss it
    Bless her she must super friendly, that’s great
    It must be amazing for them to have each other to keep each other company & play with
    Keep the photos coming
    You are right about their smile....it always makes you smile back
    Philippa
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Happy birthday xxx

Beautiful, happy young lady with a cheeky smile
  7. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I think that most people who say hi to her from the window don’t realize that she’s an Akita, or even know what an Akita is. She is very persuasive with her happy beckoning expression. It’s her way of entertaining herself. I know I should be more cautious but both my dogs have never shown any aggression towards a person. Katie Mae usually sits in my seat when I’m not using it.

I don’t think anyone would have come up to my trucks open window to say hi to my previous Akita, he viewed the truck as his to guard and protect, he was on duty doing his job. He didn’t have a welcoming look to strangers. He had a much more suspicious nature.

I kinda think my 2 Akitas are weird, in that they are both extremely friendly with humans. They pretty much expect to be fussed over by strangers, spoiled dogs. My last guy was much more aloof which is more what I’d expect.

Mine really have wonderful temperaments (with humans) and are well liked in the places I can take them into, the vets whole staff loves them. At the pet store yesterday an employee introduced them to a new employee. They go into Home Depot with me too.

I’m really happy having two of them and they are generally best friends, except directly after meals. Bandit has attitude then, and I have to bring them together and pet them and talk to them for a minute or two. Not sure how that’s going to work when I need someone to watch them as I think Bandit’s after meal attitude would scare someone who doesn’t know him well. If he wasn’t my dog I’d be wary. The only downside with the two of them is their changing attitude towards other dogs on walks. It’s worth the trade off though. I don’t have to be the constant playmate now
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    We went and picked out a new toy at the store for her bday. I made suggestions but let them decide. On the toy aisle the are like kids in a candy store. B08F056E-CF4C-44C8-9306-E772ED3A2233.jpeg 045CAECD-8C0B-48DB-B12E-36D64664B789.jpeg I’m not even sure what it is. It has a crinkly sound to it and a tennis ball inside... Katie Mae didn’t want to share it last night.. Eventually bandit got on the blankets with it but she enticed him to get off the blankets without the toy and she immediately took back possession..
  9. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    I love it, all about your Akitas are brilliant, I love to hear all your stories.....good & bad
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I haven't had a young dog in many years and will never have one again so I forget how they can be sometimes. Happy birthday to her.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    [​IMG]

to beautiful Katie Mae
    from
    Tikva and Juli
    xxx​
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    BE69EC46-780E-4634-8C53-28C816E2B28D.jpeg

It’s never to late to say happy birthday.

Katie Mae says thank you!!!
  13. Kim Watcham

Kim Watcham New Member

Name:
    Kim
    wonderfull pics thank you for sharing ....and a very happy belated bday from kim and archie .....there wonderfull looking dogs