Can someone tell me what breed he is? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Claire1998, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Claire1998

Claire1998 New Member

Name:
    Claire

Can someone tell me what breed he is?

hi everyone.

I’m new to this not 100% on how it all works yet
    We have a wee dog, his name is Charlie I have him 1 Year and 5 months.
    We got him from a free add on Facebook there was no information about him just that he needed to go ASAP so we took him in. When the people came with him to leave him off they said he was a mix from a King Charles and a sausage dog. Tbh I don’t think they had a clue and didn’t seem like they cared judging from the way he was brought to us. Was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me his breed if possible
    Many thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think I can see Dachshund. The other parent would be something with a broader muzzle, but whether it was a King Charles, who knows?
    If knowing the breed is important enough to you, I would have a dna test done. Wisdom Panel is fairly quick and cheap and covers the basics.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure Carole - I keep looking at that picture and then at Tikva, who definitely shows the Dachshund in her, and little Charlie has a broader skull and face, and shorter snout with a broader muzzle. Nothing really like Tikki, who I definitely know is half Dachshund.

Charlie

[​IMG]

Tikva - [the colour is not good on this picture as she is a much richer red]

[​IMG]
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I want to see Chihuahua in his face but his ears don't spell it. I don't see any hotdog in him either. How much does he weigh? How tall does he stand? That can play a factor too. If he's really tiny (he looks really tiny), then I think there is probably some Chihuahua, after all.
  6. Claire1998

Claire1998 New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Thanks for your reply. Not to sure what he weighs the vets did tell me a while ago but I can’t mind what they said. Only asking to hear everyone’s opinions. Some ones when I’m walking him would stop and ask if there could be some pug in him or beagle. He wouldn’t be very tall, but not as short as a chihuahua. When he stand he is also very well built for such a tiny dog. It’s his eyes that get me, they are very like King Charles eyes lol.
  7. Claire1998

Claire1998 New Member

Name:
    Claire
  8. Claire1998

Claire1998 New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Thanks for the reply. It’s hard to know what some dogs are. Not worried what breed he is just want to hear everyone’s opinions and thoughts. I’m just curious. Or to even see if anyone has one almost the same as him as I havnt seen any with the same sort of face or anything.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikva was on the couch staring at something outside, ready to take a flying leap out of the door, hence her ears being back and her eyes looking "bubbly" as you say.

She is a Dachshund/Minpin cross, with longer legs and a shorter body than a Doxie - more a square Minpin shape. Her front legs are slightly bowed like a Doxie, and she has typical Doxie turned out front feet.

I have put the two pictures next to each other and keep looking from one to the other, and I honestly cannot see Dachshund in Charlie in that picture of him. Perhaps seeing him in the flesh it might show.
  10. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He's a Bitza. Bitza this, bitza that. Tell folk that and they'll think you've got an expensive designer breed :)

He's lovely. He looks very laid back
  11. Claire1998

Claire1998 New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Hi thanks for your reply.
    He Is very hyper sometimes lol and he barks and at everything (including street lights) when your walking him he barks because he is that excited, But all he wants to do is sleep lol.

We have owned him for over a year and still if we open the door and he got out past us he would be away but other than that he is brilliant lol.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Whatever little Charlie is or is not, and I am sorry I could not have been any more help, I think he is very cute and I love the expression on his face! :razz: