My ears, my ears... Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Jul 19, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Kayona likes this.

My ears, my ears...

Malone's funky looking ears... They look weirder by the day. Super hilarious! I honestly have no clue now what he's mixed with. Just a weird looking little dude.

0719191628f.jpg 0719191628c.jpg 0719191629.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mjfromga likes this.
    Not weird looking at all. He's super cute.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yup. Super cute. Silly little flappy ears. You should see them when he runs. Ultra cute.

My mother and the vet noticed that his eyes aren't straight. They both point slightly outwards. It is impossible to tell when he is making eye contact with you because of that.

Gives him an even more DERPY looking face. I'm just glad he is doing better now. I think we are finally past the parasites. My word. Took long enough!
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Chris B likes this.

His right ear is beginning to sit forward like a normal ear... I HOPE his other ear follows and he ends up with two normal ears... But knowing Malone... Something derpy is probably going to happen.
  6. Kayona

Kayona New Member

Name:
    Kayona
    mjfromga likes this.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris B and mjfromga like this.
    Myra, Malone has lovely ears and they are just like Tikki's as her left ear is slightly "off" as well.

As for his eyes not both being straight, neither are mine. Nor are those of the singer Ed Sheeran
    [​IMG]
    to say nothing about the late, great comedian Marty Fieldman
    [​IMG]
    Look close enough and even Bette Davis had similar eyes.
    [​IMG]
    Malone is a very cute little pup with an independent spirit. His coat now looks fantastic and he is obviously happy, so what do slightly non-matching ears and slightly not-quite-so-straight eyes matter?

If he was a she and smaller, I would puppynap Malone if I could, because I think he is adorable! :007:
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Thank you ladies.

Malka, it is funny how you like tiny female dogs and I like bigger males. Everyone is different and its a good thing. I am beginning to think Mr. Malone may get larger than I expected... But hopefully not.

But aside from how Malone's eyes LOOK, they aren't any good. He has the two mutated genes for PRA-PRCD and is likely to be completely blind before his senior years. Sad but I am sure we will manage.

My eyes are not straight either. My vision is also extremely poor and I am basically legally blind as I cannot legally operate a vehicle without my glasses etc.

He's an extremely energetic and happy puppy... And he is sorta driving me nuts, but we are managing. I had to push back his last shots until the 13th but then he should be done.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Not tiny dogs, just small ones. Pereg at 20+kg was overweight due to her medication, but even before The Monster came visiting, at 17kg she was, for me, large. Even Tikki is too heavy for me to lift even though she is not really heavy. But then a 1.5 litre bottle of diet Sprite is difficult for me to lift even with two hands!

Female dogs, yes. I could not cope with a male and on the rare occasion I looked after one of my Griffon pups for their new owners, even though they were puppies I had bred, I just could not take to them as adult males.

As for being legally blind - it was stated on my driving licence that I must not drive without wearing spectacles. Sight tests must be done before an Israeli driving licence will be issued. But I did not renew my licence years ago as I considered that I was no longer physically capable of driving, not because of my sight, which is deteriorating now due to old age.

I still do not think that Malone's ears are not normal - tell that to Tikva who has almost identically set ears. And I think they are cute!

Eyes? Hopefully Malone will never lose his sight, but as such a lovely independent little guy I am sure that both he and you will manage if it ever came to that.
  10. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I've never taken to girl dogs. I've had two. A Rottie named Shelly and a German Shepherd mix named Jade. Neither dog really resonated with me and I always found myself looking at my boys in a different light. Never wanted another dog at all after big Nigredo, but it did not happen that way.

Nigredo is 7 and is getting older, but he is still going strong. Hopefully he has another 4-5 years. I realize he likely won't live to be 15-16 years old like Jade and Brownie did.

Hopefully I can take Mr. Malone to the Petco to pick out a new toy. Toys REALLY HELP. Keeps him from harassing big Gray and from chasing Oreo all over the place.
  11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    mjfromga likes this.
    If the worst comes to the worst, it's good to know that dogs cope extremely well with sight loss - their other senses kick in to compensate. Provided things are kept tidy and in their place, more often that not, you'd never know they were blind.

I wouldn't feel safe driving without my glasses. Way too blurry without them
  12. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Our house is always a disaster zone... But these days the disaster seems to be perpetuated by Malone so yeah...

Isn't he cute? Starting to really love the little funky man. What a MUTT puppy... Looks different daily lol
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Cute? Malone cute? Of course he is and I love his ears!
  14. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I suspect he's about the size of Tikva right now. He isn't even 16 weeks yet though. Not sure of his weight. Gonna weigh him in just a bit. He LOVES Nigredo, so I suspect he will like other dogs too. Soon I will be bringing him out more. He acts bad a lot and could use the socialization.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    It is difficult for me to imagine how big Malone is, especially as he seems to have grown daily from the video clips you post. Tikki weighed 6.7kg on 26 June which is just a bit less than the heaviest she has ever been, but her weight does fluctuate so could easily be back to nearer 6kg on her next weigh in on 26 September. She was 6kg at 6 months old, a good increase from the 450g scrap that first entered [took over] my life, but she is actually smaller than her weight would imply as she is just rock solid bone and muscle.

Her size? No idea but I have just measured her crate and the outside measurements are 24" long, 18" wide, and 20" high, so slightly smaller inside. Tikki sleeps curled up at one end, about a third of the length of the crate, and when stretched out flat still does not take up the full length of it. Height? She is nowhere near the height of the crate! It was the smallest crate they had and it still looks too big for her.

But she is the ideal size for me. Not too small and not too big. And everyone thinks she is cute so I guess she must be! Cute like Malone is!
  16. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and mjfromga like this.
    Rosie has a steady weight of 10 kgs. She is so small to me as, as you know, Sam was a Border Collie and Jade a mix and match. Jade was as tall as Sam, but slimmer.

I love small dogs as they seem to remain perpetual puppies with the inside pee and poop :).

Malone's coat is wonderfully shiny now he has got rid of his problems
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I feel like he grows daily as well... And he isn't chubby at all even though he eats a ton. He doesn't look bony anymore though. Good weight condition now. Much like Tikva, Malone is pure muscle. No fat on him. I have a bathroom scale I can use to weigh him. He is beginning to get a little heavy so he is definitely growing.

7 kg is about 15 lbs. I would imagine Malone is probably that much. Hard to be sure though. He is growing so quicky it's crazy. I think I may change his food. Fast growth isn't a good thing... Though I don't know if his diet is the reason. He eats basically 100% dry now. I have phased out canned food.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga and Chris B like this.
    @mjfromga - Myra, the best way to weigh Malone is to stand on your bathroom scales holding him, then put him down to see your own weight and deduct that from the original weight of you and him. That is what Ram does when he comes here to give Tikki her Parkworm shot which has to go by weight, and I always make sure that the scales are put on the same floor tile each time.

Lexi was small but never knew how to be a puppy - she was an old head on a 6 week old pup when I got her and she never really changed. Happy little soul though and very lovable and a great cuddle pup. Pereg, who grew a bit bigger than I had expected, was always puppy-like until gradually The Monster took that away from her. But she always loved her toys.

Tik? She never knew how to be anything but a little booga once she got to her feet and learned to explore, and she is still the same [except for when she is sleeping]. The only difference is that she is now too big to get behind the refrigerator and squawk to be rescued!
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Well I stood on my bathroom scale this morning and it said I weighed 120 lbs. Lol!! I am over 100 lbs heavier than that... So suffice to say it needs a new battery. But Malone goes in for shots on the 13th so he will get weighed then.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Umm - something tells me that your scales are wrong! I weigh 50.1kg which is 110.45lb and I know my scales are accurate. It is quite funny trying to weigh myself as I put the scales on the usual tile where I can get hold of the wall bar at one side of the loo and the rail between the loo and the shower at the other side...

...get onto the scales, grab the bars and drop my crutches - let go of the bars for a split second and then grab the bars again. The scales register my weight for long enough for me to get my sticks again before they switch off.

Having lost ~13kg in a rather short time I am happy I have not lost any more. I think that at my height I am probably at the correct weight.

But there is no way I could do that holding Tikki - I leave that to Ram!

It will be interesting to know what Malone weighs now - he looks like a lovely, healthy and sturdy little fellow.
  21. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Yeah my scale doesn't work at all obviously. Nigredo was 20 lbs at 16 weeks and is a legit 90+ lb dog. He was not solid looking like Malone, but rather just blonky and wide.

Malone will be 16 weeks at the end of this month so we shall see how it all scales down. He sure doesn't look like he did when I first got him. His ears threw even the vet for a loop because they are hairy and big.